AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I bought my Presonus set up in September this year and it has worked fine...up until recently. There would be the odd recording that sound like static. Now I can't record when the pre-amp is on and the mic is plugged whilst the backing track is playing, as there are intermittent but consistent cracking noises that actually effect the recoding. I use Garageband and I even tested it through Studio One and the problem was still there, so it's not the software. I think it's the AudioBox USB interface. This is impeding my creativity and I don't know what to do!! Someone help!
by POET (TheRapper) on Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:27 pm
exit out of your DAW and make sure the mic is off (red light off) , then turn mic back on (red light on) then re-open your DAW. if this doesn't work try restarting your computer using the same steps mic on before opening your DAW... hope this works
by cristofe on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:45 pm
It could be any number of things. Have you optimized your pc for audio production?
Have you disabled wi-fi? Are you plugged into a USB2 or USB3 port? Did you install the drivers
from the included disc? Or did you download and use the drivers from this site? That being said
we cannot help you without a bit more info......if you will post your system specs (see my sig), we
will be better able to trouble shoot your problems. Without knowing what type of pc you're running,
what OS you're using, what DAW etc....we can't recommend a "simple fix"

If you have not already done so please READ THE MANUAL, register your Audiobox and open a
tech support ticket. They'll get you sorted.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1