AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
9 posts
Page 1 of 1
I cannot ,no matter what I try get my interface to work right and have dropout and audio engine stops working almost instantly..I’ll post specs of everything and then detail the issue more

Windows 10 pro
Cakewalk by BandLab
Amd phenom 2 x4 black edition 3.4 processor
16 gigs of ram
Audiobox usb 96

So prior to a few updates on windows and used control everything worked fine..haven’t had time to work in my daw for months until quarantine so I don’t know exactly what caused it or when..the first time I went to track it acted as I had never used the interface inside cakewalk.the first thing I noticed when I went to driver settings was it not showing all the detailed inputs like before..and the device actually shows up as (Audiobox usb 96 1x1) and not 2x2
And the input it shows is labeled left input,same for output..I narrowed that to it basically taking both inputs into one stereo and calling it left..but that I can get past..it’s that when I load a synth in ..like addictive drums 2 ..I get pops and clicks immediately just playing a beat and audio will nearly dropout if it doesn’t completely already..with no audio tracks or plugins running other that the one..if I make it to actually lay a guitar track down I can’t without major stutter and latency bad enough you can hear.if I enable even one effect forget it,immediately drops..using Asio drivers or otherwise it still shows up funky in the daw and still have dropouts.have updated drivers numerous time’s and tried changing buffer settings in u.c..which also seems to have only two things I can change..buffer size and bit depth..someone help me before I give up on presonus all together.had a firepod and fp10 prior to this and had more repair tickets and issues than Them ever just working right and I’m right back there with this
by cristofe on Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:05 pm
I would recommend you do a proper uninstall/re-install of Universal Control.

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/210044673-How-do-I-uninstall-and-reinstall-my-AudioBox-drivers-in-Windows-8-or-Windows-10-

Also don't use the drivers that came with the audiobox. Download and install the latest version from this site:

https://www.presonus.com/products/AudioBox-USB-96/downloads

That being said we can help you better now and in the future with a bit more info......if you will post your system specs in your signature, (see my sig), we will be better able to troubleshoot your problems. Without knowing what type of pc you're running, what OS you're using, what DAW, make and model of your audio interface etc....we often can't recommend a "simple fix"

If you have not already done so please READ THE MANUAL!

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by dustinangell1 on Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:36 pm
I’ve done everything you posted multiple times prior to this..scoured the internet and forum and did literally everything..uninstalled fully as per directions from presonus..new universal control..nadda
by dustinangell1 on Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:37 pm
And had you taken the time to read my post rather than the same generic response you’ve given a thousand others I posted literally all the specs
by cristofe on Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:38 am
YOU did NOT post your specs in your SIGNATURE wise@ss. Had you taken the time to PROPERLY read MY post you might have noticed that. Being rude after someone tries to help you won't get you very far on this or any other pro audio forum. I certainly won't waste anymore time on you.

Grow up.

Oh and...have a nice life!

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by milowork on Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:51 am
it maybe a compatibility issue. usb96 does not work on amd ryzen usb 3.0. i bought a pcie to usb 2.0 adapter, and the interface works.
by edmisik on Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:47 pm
dustinangell1 wroteI cannot ,no matter what I try get my interface to work right and have dropout and audio engine stops working almost instantly..I’ll post specs of everything and then detail the issue more

Windows 10 pro
Cakewalk by BandLab
Amd phenom 2 x4 black edition 3.4 processor
16 gigs of ram
Audiobox usb 96

So prior to a few updates on windows and used control everything worked fine..haven’t had time to work in my daw for months until quarantine so I don’t know exactly what caused it or when..the first time I went to track it acted as I had never used the interface inside cakewalk.the first thing I noticed when I went to driver settings was it not showing all the detailed inputs like before..and the device actually shows up as (Audiobox usb 96 1x1) and not 2x2
And the input it shows is labeled left input,same for output..I narrowed that to it basically taking both inputs into one stereo and calling it left..but that I can get past..it’s that when I load a synth in ..like addictive drums 2 ..I get pops and clicks immediately just playing a beat and audio will nearly dropout if it doesn’t completely already..with no audio tracks or plugins running other that the one..if I make it to actually lay a guitar track down I can’t without major stutter and latency bad enough you can hear.if I enable even one effect forget it,immediately drops..using Asio drivers or otherwise it still shows up funky in the daw and still have dropouts.have updated drivers numerous time’s and tried changing buffer settings in u.c..which also seems to have only two things I can change..buffer size and bit depth..someone help me before I give up on presonus all together.had a firepod and fp10 prior to this and had more repair tickets and issues than Them ever just working right and I’m right back there with this

did you get this resolved? i;ve got multiple issues with mine that come out of the blue sporadically..i have a ticket open and they seem to make an attempt to help, but if they dont know how to fix it, i dont hear from them anymore...i;ve been through multiple uninstall reinstalls and a number of other time consuming 'fixes' that dont fix anything..i'm starting to believe this usb96 just doesnt like certain systems..maybe having something to do with a proprietary driver? i think my next step is to buy another audio interface which is unfortunate...i have enough resources in my laptop and have zero issues with it otherwise and am 95% exclusively using this laptop for music..hope you have better luck
by edmisik on Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:16 am
maybe my experience will help someone else

i was getting all kinds of weird behaviour. usb96 would just randomly sporadically disconnect, and sometimes require reboot to reconnect. various pops and cracks and hangs totally out of the blue

i was able to eliminate these issues (i think) ..havent had a problem in days

what i did was look at my laptop in total and delete any/all apps that i didnt need that could even remotely mess with the audio interface....and havent had any problems since. i didnt remove and test and repeat..i just uninstalled them all so have no idea what the offending app was.

windows 10 laptop. i think this audio interface is real finicky about things....maybe that is just the nature of audio interfaces in general...or windows in general. hope this helps someone
by danieldejager on Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:38 pm
milowork wroteit maybe a compatibility issue. usb96 does not work on amd ryzen usb 3.0. i bought a pcie to usb 2.0 adapter, and the interface works.

This fixed it for me! I wouldn't have thought it was a USB compatibility issue. But as I have an AMD Ryzen Threadripper I thought it couldn't hurt to try, and it immediately started working flawlessly.
I plugged it into a different controller (the one in my video card) and bingo.
Thanks for this comment!

9 posts
Page 1 of 1