AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi, I have an Audiobox USB audio interface and I have changed PCs and it only has USB 3.1 Gen 1 and Gen 2 posts. It has no USB 2.0 ports. Can I connect the interface to these ports without having a problem or would it be better to find a solution to connect to USB 2.0? If it can be done, to which port it would be better to connect. Thank you.
by cristofe on Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:21 pm
I'm sorry but the audiobox usb is long discontinued. It will not run on a USB3 port.
You must have a USB 2 port to use it.

Computer system requirements:
Below are the minimum computer-system requirements for AudioBox USB.

Windows
Windows® 7x 64/x86 SP1 or Windows 8/8.1 x64/x86 or Windows 10 x64/x86
Intel® Core™ 2 processor (Intel® Core™ i3 processor or better recommended)
4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
Mac
macOS® 10.11 or higher (64-bit only) or later
Intel Core Duo processor (Intel Core 2 Duo or Intel Core i3 or better recommended)
2 GB RAM (4 GB or more recommended)
Windows and Mac Systems
USB 2.0 Port
Internet connection (only for activation)
DVD-ROM drive
Monitor with at least 1024x768 resolution
20 GB hard-disk space
Internal or external 7200 RPM storage drive highly recommended

You have not given us much info to work with. Are you using a desktop or laptop? We can help you better now and in the future with a bit more info......if you will post your system specs in your signature, (see my sig), we will be better able to troubleshoot your problems. Without knowing what type of pc you're running, what OS you're using, what DAW, make and model of your audio interface etc....we often can't recommend a "simple fix"

If you have not already done so please READ THE MANUAL!

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

2 posts
Page 1 of 1