AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
22 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
I purchased a presonus audio 96 yesterday.
It is bundled with studio one artist but I've been trying since yesterday and turning around and around for 1 hour on the presonus site but I can't see a link to download S1 :evil:
I can't see several bundled plugins but not S1.

Where is the link ?
by SwitchBack on Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:39 am
Did you register your 96? The S1 installer and license key should be in your “My Presonus” account (under the my products/software tab).
by fredboudin on Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:32 pm
Yes, I register the product ,I can see 3 bundled plugins to download on my account but not studio one.
by SwitchBack on Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:48 pm
Under “My products” there should be three tabs: “Hardware”, “Software” and “Add-ons”, and the Studio One installer should be under “Software”.

If not then submit a support ticket. You can download and install the Studio One Pro demo for the time being. And if you do have a registration code then you can try to register from the demo too. Not sure if the Pro demo will let you register as an Artist user but it’s worth a shot ;)
by fredboudin on Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:02 am
SwitchBack wroteUnder “My products” there should be three tabs: “Hardware”, “Software” and “Add-ons”, and the Studio One installer should be under “Software”.

If not then submit a support ticket. You can download and install the Studio One Pro demo for the time being. And if you do have a registration code then you can try to register from the demo too. Not sure if the Pro demo will let you register as an Artist user but it’s worth a shot ;)

Ticket sent on last friday to presonus, currenlty on monday, still no licence N° received.
by SwitchBack on Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:30 am
Due to Pentecost weekend they may have closed or been understaffed. Give it a few days. Did you install the S1 demo?
by fredboudin on Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:40 pm
SwitchBack wroteDue to Pentecost weekend they may have closed or been understaffed. Give it a few days. Did you install the S1 demo?

No, I can't, demo licence expired several months ago after I had downloaded S1 for a trial.
by SwitchBack on Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:22 pm
So did you register the 96 under the same account you used for the demo? Either or you may have created some registration delay by using up the 30 days before registering qualifying hardware. The support ticket is your way in I guess.
by fredboudin on Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:10 am
SwitchBack wroteSo did you register the 96 under the same account you used for the demo? Either or you may have created some registration delay by using up the 30 days before registering qualifying hardware. The support ticket is your way in I guess.

Yes, i registered with the same account. Still no reply to my ticket from presonus this morning.
by fredboudin on Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:48 pm
I received a reply to my ticket from Presonus.
They reply this is a used purchase interface and the licence for Studio one can not be transferred !
I purchased this brand new interface in a music shop last week !
There was still the warranty sticker above the USB port of the interface.
Are they serious at Presonus?

:shock:
by SwitchBack on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:24 pm
I’d first take this up with the shop where you bought the interface. If what you bought is a B-stock unit then it’s likely someone used the serial for a copy of S1 Artist. Not much PreSonus can do against that is there?
by fredboudin on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:42 pm
SwitchBack wroteI’d first take this up with the shop where you bought the interface. If what you bought is a B-stock unit then it’s likely someone used the serial for a copy of S1 Artist. Not much PreSonus can do against that is there?

I have just sent presonus the sales receipt of the audio interface sold as new.
If they still reply it is a used one, I'll asked them to tell me when it was first registered and ask the shop for a reimbursement.
by SwitchBack on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:54 pm
:thumbup:
by fredboudin on Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:06 am
I think there is something wrong with presonus registration process.
Why was I able to registered my product if it is a used gear ?
Why is there no warning "already registered device" ?
Why do I have access to all bundled softwares but Studio one?
by SwitchBack on Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:02 am
Because you can deregister your gear too, for when you sell it on.
by matthewgorman on Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:01 am
The unit you have on your account was registered 2x's before. First time 2/2018.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by fredboudin on Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:06 am
matthewgorman wroteThe unit you have on your account was registered 2x's before. First time 2/2018.

How can you confirm this information?
Do you have access to my serial N°?
Can you pm me the names of the persons who registered. I asked this information to Presonus support and they have not yet replied,why???

I went to the shop where I purchased the inteface.
The shop owner was stunned when I told him Presonus says the interface was not new and had already been registered.
He immediately got in touch by phone in front of me with Presonus sales representative to tell him this crazy story.

I finally received a licence today thanks to this Presonus sales representative, 9 days after my purchase !

Sales owner swore the interface he sold me was new the day I purchased it.
Is it possible the licence was cracked ?

I had a bad first user experience with Presonus, I could have been given the pro licence instead of artist for the disturbance ............

The ticket is still open on my presonus account for this issue and Presouns reply is pending for 2 days, is that serious ?
by SwitchBack on Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:43 am
Not sure why you keep putting the blame on PreSonus, other than trying to get something extra out of this.

Has that 96 you bought been out of its box before you bought it? Good chance indeed with that unit apparently being well over a year old. It may even have been on display for some time. Any two persons who saw the serial number before you bought the unit may have used it for the S1 license.

I think you’ve been treated fairly. For faster service you should have taken the unit back to the dealer for a fresh one, and you still could. If you do then please be so kind as to report this to PreSonus, so they can revoke what appears to be the third S1 Artist license claimed for that 96 :|
by fredboudin on Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:14 am
SwitchBack wroteNot sure why you keep putting the blame on PreSonus, other than trying to get something extra out of this.

Has that 96 you bought been out of its box before you bought it? Good chance indeed with that unit apparently being well over a year old. It may even have been on display for some time. Any two persons who saw the serial number before you bought the unit may have used it for the S1 license.

I think you’ve been treated fairly. For faster service you should have taken the unit back to the dealer for a fresh one, and you still could. If you do then please be so kind as to report this to PreSonus, so they can revoke what appears to be the third S1 Artist license claimed for that 96 :|

I don't want to get something extra out of this, I want to be sure the product I purchased is new and i've not been ripped off.

I think I've not been traited fairly, lot of time spent, emails, go to shop, contact presonus...
by SwitchBack on Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:28 am
Well, you didn’t buy the interface from PreSonus but you bought it from your dealer. As with any trading it is the responsibility of the supplier to deliver what you both agreed on for the amount you payed for it. This whole thing is entirely between you and the dealer, including any benefits and warranty. If you are not content with what you got then take it up with your dealer :roll:

22 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2