AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello

First of all, I would like to say "Hi" to all forum members.

I am 100% noob in recording area, but wanted to start some home recording for fun, and bought Audiobox USB 96. After installing all software and going into Studio One, I started to play around with different types of projects and noticed that whenever I am running a project at 41 or 48 KHz, everything is fine, but whenever I am trying to record something in project at 88 or 96 KHz, sound from microphone is terribly distorted (kind of high-pitch noise that is interferring with what I am recording - but only when I am talking, otherwise it's silent).

Microphone is Rode M3.

Can anyone advise me what Is going on? It may be something obvious, but still I would like to know if I am doing something wrong, or if it may bo something wrong with my hardware...

Thanks in advance for all hints and help.
by jzefsroczyski on Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:24 pm
Hey, here are examples of recording on 48KHz and 96KHz. 96KHz is having obvious distortion and noises. Can someone please help me figure this out?

48khz.wav
48Khz sample
(297.24 KiB) Downloaded 306 times

96khz.wav
96Khz sample
(721.48 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
by matthewgorman on Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:30 pm
There is a performance meter in the S1 transport area. Take note of the cpu meter when this is happening. Sounds like the pc is struggling to keep up with the higher sample rate. Increasing the buffer size will mitigate that, but will cause more latency. Its a balancing act

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by jzefsroczyski on Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:26 pm
Thanks for reply. Unfortunately it's not the case. When I am recording, CPU meter runs around 2-3% (I am recording using pretty strong desktop PC). Also what may be interesting, I am hearing same distorion through software monitoring in S1 in real time. If I disable software monitoring in S1 (so monitoring comes through in-audiobox circuit), I am not hearing that distortion. What else I should check?

4 posts
Page 1 of 1