AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey guys,

So it seems like it's a common issue, and yet I've tried a lot of the fixes with no results.
So, I've bought an Audiobox USB 96 and while it WORKS (i mean, it lights up and when i play my instrument i hear sound in the headphones), I can't get it to be acknowledged by windows.
When I plug the unit, no tada sound is played. When I unplug it also. (While it does for other USB devices). I've tried uninstalling and installing the drivers and Universal Control again, as mentioned before, and no result.
My USB cable is plugged to a USB2 port directly on the back of the unit, directly to the motherboard.
I initially plugged it in a USB3 port on the back of the unit, so when I tried plugging it back in the same socket, no response either.
When I open my device manager with hidden devices showing, there is nothing listed as "unknown" or "presonus" or "audiobox". When I open Universal Control, nothing shows up in the window. I've entered my profile info (email and password) in Universal Control, no update available.
I'm using Ableton Live and when I try to setup, I get to pick the ASIO AUDIOBOX USB driver, and then i get an error message saying there was trouble with the driver.
There simply is no audiobox showing in my devices.

As asked before, I'm going to put my config info in my signature.
I'm at a loss. I also have another issue, but that's re: the extra stuff I can't seem to get activated (VSLs and free plugins, etc) so I guess PreSonus is looking quite bad at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any help, I don't know what to do next.
Oh, and also, excuse my english. :)
by charlescazal on Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:26 am
Ok so apparently it works with another usb cable than the one provided.
by cristofe on Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:07 pm
First off the Audiobox is not compatible with USB 3 ports. It must also be plugged into the same port as it was installed to. If you wish to use a different port, you must perform a full clean uninstall and then re-install the Audiobox to the new port. Hope this helps.

(VSLs and free plugins, etc)

VSL?? The VSL software was discontinued quite some time ago and was NEVER intended
for use with your particular interface. And, if you're using Studio One Artist it does not host ANY 3rd
party plugins. In order to host plugins you need to either purchase the VST addon:

https://shop.presonus.com/studio-one-add-ons/Software-Category--VST-Support

Or upgrade to Studio One Professional.

https://shop.presonus.com/Studio-One-4-Professional-Upgrade-from-Artist-all-versions

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by ryanjonker on Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:36 am
Yes - after an hour of troubleshooting issues with the Audiobox USB 96, simply swapping out the USB cable solved all issues.
by sophieamaral on Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:25 pm
Hii, what other usb cable did you use? Still just another 2.0 usb cable? Or did you convert usb 2.0 to 3.0 for example?

5 posts
Page 1 of 1