AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have since about after 50 of the first hrs i used my audio box usb 96 interface began to exhibit electrical disturbance noises through my monitors or headphones whats git me not blowing my top is that these noises of crackling popping clicking lite short burst of a mild static what started. Of as every 20-30 secs of some distressful noise is now making an electrical interferance sort of sound of about a dozen variations andvnow its happening every 5- 8 sec . like i said and you may wonder why i said im not blowing my top . this is my 4th interface in 3mos but the problem doesnt show up when transfered to another harddrive as a wav. It plays back as you shaped anddesigned minusthe playback electrical error sounds. I put it on a thumbdrive it transfers perfectly and easily. I have 1 final unturned stone to remedy this less malfunctioning model to the point where i dont dare return it but what if i use a 3.0 usb a & b cable my computer is 3 y.0. Laptop with 3.0 usb ports could that be the problem all along. Though my first 50 hrs it was identical in all respects and it didnt create electrical glitch noise until about after 50 playback hours.. Please some one hit me with some knowledge by the way my processor un
by Steve Carter on Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:18 am
Hi Jason...

I don't use an audiobox usb 96 but for Forum users to help you further could you provide further information regarding your setup; DAW and more detailed computer spec's etc.

Presumably you are using a DAW on your laptop and the problem occurs on playback. Can you change the audio output on your laptop to the laptop's headphone output and check to see if the distortion still occurs - maybe use different headphones also!

Do you have the latest audio driver/s for your system?

I've had problems in the past with a Presonus interface (switched to Focurite and touch wood no problems since) but it seems unlikely that 4 separate units would exhibit the same fault (unless maybe they're from the same batch!) buy if you have a dodgy usb cable it would presumably exhibit the problem from the get-go not after 50 hours, getting progressively worse.

Regards....

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!

2 posts
Page 1 of 1