AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have the usb96 and whenever i try to record audio through my microphone i receive a lot of clipping and cutting out. If this is the mic actually clipping, the how can i fix it? Turning down the knob on the box doesnt help either.
by mitchelldespain on Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:49 pm
To elaborate on what is happening, I can hear the audio coming through the mic very clearly so i know that it is not the mic or cable. It is only when i hit the record button on studio one that selects that track that it starts to clip. There is also a lot of white noise in the background of my headphones when i am not recording. Could this be coming from the mic?
by nicolasfalcon on Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:46 am
Trust and believe! This issue happens because of bad quality cables! I've learned (the hard way) that good quality cables make things work! Do some research and see what good cables are available in your city and if you are lucky to live in a country with benefits for easy access to equipment, invest in a good cable and try it out. If this works or not, you are winning either way. You will at least end having a good quality cable, needed in every home studio!

Desktop (PC)
Windows 10 (64 bits)
Intel Core Duo i5 7400 @ 3.00 GHz
Memory(RAM): 16 GB
HD: 931GB
Studio One Professional
Yamaha YPT 330
M-Audio keystation 61 MK3
Korg padKontrol
AudioBox 96
Presonus Eris E3.5
Shure SM7B
by nicolasfalcon on Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:48 am
Try also changing the USB port the audiobox is connected. It has to be plugged in the 2.0 usb port from the computer!

Desktop (PC)
Windows 10 (64 bits)
Intel Core Duo i5 7400 @ 3.00 GHz
Memory(RAM): 16 GB
HD: 931GB
Studio One Professional
Yamaha YPT 330
M-Audio keystation 61 MK3
Korg padKontrol
AudioBox 96
Presonus Eris E3.5
Shure SM7B