AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Been using my audiobox for a while, just plug and play for the time being untill all my equipment has come in, installed basic drivers etc...

Now that my other stuff has arrived, things feels "off."

Hardware:
Win10 x64
i7-4770 Intel CPU
8gb RAM
GTX 980 Gaming card
Audiobox USB 96
Audio-Technica AT2005USB Cardioid Dynamic USB/XLR Microphone
Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open
USB 3.0 on all rear ports
2x USB 2.0 on front and 2x additional USB 3.0 on front.

Windows Sound Settings:
levels are 100%
all effects are disable on both playback and recording tabs.

Issue:
Yesterday i had the box connected into a USB 3.0 sounded good, but learned (as my oversight) that this device is best and made for USB 2.0. So i switched this over to a USB 2.0 on the front port and now the sound is amazing! feels like i dont have to crank the mic dial on the box all the way to the right, now its about 1/4 turned from left to right.

My continued issue is with the mic, i have to have the line 1 front dial gain ALL THE WAY almost +30db for any good level to come out. as soon as i start to roll off of that to the left the sound substantialy drops and no one can hear me online, with vchat. is this normal? if feels like this should not be normal.

my other issue is that the audio is so clean, i hear a lot of pops and distortion on the headset. this is on anything, spotify, twitch, youtube etc... Is this line static? is this line interference?

Please let me know any thoughts, i am super lost on this and im not experienced with audio setups like this as this is my first time delving into this.

Thanks you so much.
by abdulrahmanal-busaidi on Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:40 pm
I have the same Issue, and I hope you found a solution or someone has a solution for both of us.
I recently bought a presonus studio68 for my podcast. If i don't dial the mic line knob all the way to almost 4 o'clock then it wont pick up much. When I do that there is a lot of noise on the podcast, and the voices are still low. I use shure-sm58 microphones and i tried both audacity as well as studio one for artists.
by matthewgorman on Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:37 am
My first thought is to ditch the USB mic and go with an XLR to start. Clicking and poping can be caused by to low of a buffer setting for the interface, same for distortion (sometimes).

First thing to check out is the computer. Download "latencymon", and run that with the interface plugged in. Any issues with how the system operates will be exposed, and you can look to make the corrections.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5

3 posts
Page 1 of 1