AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
9 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have the AUDIOBOX USB, and now the left output is not working, its not an issue with the cable as i swapped it to the right output port and it worked fine. Don't know if the problem is from the left output or from the Main potentiometer/ knob, as that use to send a slight crackle to the left speaker when i would adjust it. When I turn the Main Knob a quarter turn i get audio from the left speaker but anything above or below that point is silent. Has anyone else encountered a problem like this? Any suggestions on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated as this will put a halt on producing/mixing and mastering with my monitors :/
by marionblair on Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:42 pm
Same problem here. Left output is extremely low. When I connect head phones to each output, I get the same volume. Also headphone jack works normal. I've done all the obvious things like switching left and right and it's definitely the left channel is weak. When I put another interface with the same exact cables, speakers, everything works so I know it's the left channel of the audio box. Out of warranty of course
by TheEuphoman on Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:29 am
I have the exact same issue. again out of warranty

System A Config:
Windows 10 pro 64-bit
Ryzen 5 5600X
16GB G-skill Trident Z RGB Ram
Storage:
1TB M.2 for OS
Samsung 2TB SATA ssd
WD Caviar Blue 1TB x2 in Raid 0 for audio files and Plugins

System B Config:
Windows 10 home 64 bit
Intel Core i5 4590 3.3 Ghz
16GB Ram Corsair vengence
Storage:
Kingston 240GB SSD for OS
Samsung 1TB HDD for program

Studio One 3 Pro
Presonus Audiobox USB
Presonus Eris 5 monitors
by ramonagerbeek on Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:54 am
same problem
by oh,lovers on Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:36 am
I stumbled upon this topic,after I experience the exact same problem today.My solution was this:Went to device manager(Windows 10),right clicked Audiobox USB(under Presonus Audio Devices),removed Install for the device.Don't restart the computer yet,but uninstall universal control as well.Unplug USB,restart the computer,plug it again,install Universal Control,update firmware if it's outdated(propably not) and it should work fine.
by folkranger on Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:13 am
Didn't work for me.

Home recordist. Vocals, piano, guitar, blues harp.

DESKTOP PC-
3.4 Ghtz Intel core i7000-6700k (4.0 Ghz) quad core 64 bit
16 MB ram
1 TB SSD
2TB HDD
Windows 10

LG 34UM88C 34-Inch 3440 x 1440 UltraWide QHD IPS LED Monitor

Studio one 2 professional
Audiobox usb
Melodyne Editor
Rode NT1A
Shure 58A
by nicholascox2 on Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:36 pm
Exact same issue here.
I've had the unit for many years but this issue is only now showing itself. My guess it there is some kind of wear happening within the knob control unit(box?) itself.
Volume of the left channel is either very low or non-exisitant depending on the position of the knob. Right channel works perfectly fine. I can't imagine any sort of software/firmware update/reinstall will have any effect... definitly a hardware issue.
The headphone output seems perfectly fine (contolled by a different knob), so I will have to use that for the time-being. If a good cleaning of the insides doesn't have any effect, I will probably just switch to a Focusrite unit.
by cristofe on Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:24 am
My guess it there is some kind of wear happening within the knob control unit(box?) itself.

Well...if that's the case perhaps a shot of contact cleaner is all you need.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by nunogouveia on Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:25 am
Hi. I'm having the same issue. I only get two channels at around 25% of volume. Away from that sweet spot, it only outputs one channel.
Has anyone been able to fix this?

9 posts
Page 1 of 1