AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
12 posts
Page 1 of 1
I've had this AudioBox forever and because my other interface died on me I've set up the AudioBox for temporary use. I'm having a problem with record and panning audio files. I've tested this in Audacity, Reaper, and Studio One and no matter what I try to do I seem to have issues panning.

Panning audio to the left appears to mute the audio completely while panning to the right appears to amplify the audio in some way. However, if I export the audio it appears that the track are correctly panned and everything is dandy. This appears to be an AudioBox playback issue and I'm not sure how to fix it.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I've tried toying around in the Universal Control app thing but it proved essentially useless. Toying with settings in Reaper and Studio One did me no good either.

Thanks,
Jake
by matthewgorman on Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:21 am
Not sure from the description, but it sounds like you are recording a stereo track, with a mono input. If you are recording one source, and want to control pan, the track should be a mono track.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by jbjohnson1 on Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:35 am
By default everything is recording by mono. I've changed these settings a few times in Reaper and Studio One but to no avail.

That said, I've now tested running Windows audio through the AudioBox and it appears that all panned audio that comes through the AudioBox messed up. It seems that AudioBox playback is the issue.
by jbjohnson1 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:14 pm
Bump.

I've also provided a screenshot of the audio setup in Reaper. As you can guess, guitars labelled Left or Right are panned 100% in that direction. Recording appears to show recording on both left and right with the parent channel showing the same thing.

Thanks.

http://imgur.com/a/l5aLT
by matthewgorman on Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:05 am
What is your setup? What speakers are attached, and how? What are you monitoring on?

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by jbjohnson1 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:32 pm
matthewgorman wroteWhat is your setup? What speakers are attached, and how? What are you monitoring on?

I'm having the exact problem described in this forum post: http://answers.presonus.com/2155/one-ch ... -the-other

When listening to audio panned left I hear the playback in both ears without change; however, when something is panned to the right, the audio becomes quieter based on the pan level (i.e. 100% Right = 0 volume). The volume is played back in both ears regardless. Clearly, the playback is restricted to a mono channel on the left channel. But how do I fix the Audiobox to actually understand stereo playback?

I know this is an Audiobox issue. The playback is wrong in every DAW I've used (Reaper, Audacity, Studio One) as well as when handling Windows audio. The forum post suggests using the Universal Controller software which I have but I don't have any controls for the Audiobox even remotely related to his suggestions. Frankly, the functionality of that controller is useless.

What exactly do you mean by my setup? I can screenshot all the options in Reaper but I don't believe that is the issue. The Audiobox is plugged into my PC, my guitar is plugged in via 1/4 inch cable into slot 1, playback set to mixer 100%, and headphones plugged into the phones jack in the back with the volume set to ~60%. My PC reads the device and I have the Universal Controller installed but no real controls for the Audiobox. I can provide any screenshots you might need.

Thanks.

edit:
Here is a screenshot of my device settings in Reaper as well as the Universal Controller for the Audiobox. http://imgur.com/a/TagZF
by robertmahaney on Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:42 pm
I know this was a kindergartener ago but I have the same issue. did you resolve?
by gadget69 on Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:21 am
While the Audiobox could be the problem, standard troubleshooting would be to verify all cables. Since by default the Audiobox would default to mono unless a stereo track is selected in the DAW you would not know if both L/R inputs are present. Try each cable into the Audiobox separately and verify that they both have audio signal passing into the Audiobox. Try both inputs with each cable and see if audio passes. This will rule out the cable.. and should point to a possible bad channel on the Audiobox, or a cable issue.

Tower:
Asus Crosshair V formula Z motherboard
AMD FX9590 4.0 GHZ 8 CORE CPU
16GB 2400MHZ RAM CAS8
512 GB SSD PRIMARY HDD
1.5 TB THOSHIBA 128MB 7200 RPM DRIVE
2.0 TB WD BLACK 256 MB 7200 RPM DRIVE
AMD R9-290 4GB VIDEO CARD
Windows 7 P sp1
2006 Imac
Lenovo thinkpad Z565 upgraded with a Quad core processor, SSD and maxed out 8GB ram
Win7 Sp1
Mac 2006
Ipad 3,
Ipad 4,
Ipad Mini
Iphone 6s+
Audiobox USB
1818VSL
i2
Studiolive 2442Ai
SL 16.4.2 X 2
Studio 1/3pro
Sony Sound Forge 10
Engineer / producer
Owner Twilite Zone productions
Owner Studio G
by SwitchBack on Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:37 am
Would help to know exactly which model AudioBox we're talking about.
by robertmahaney on Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:22 pm
Not a cable issue. all new as I make my own and have for 2 decades . usb 96 .

when I record on the left input of the 96 I capture the typical mono signal in studio one 5. when I playback (using the usb 96) and pan to the left the signal playback follows. when I pan to the right the volume diminishes to 0 by full pan (R). If I repeat the process using the right to record the results mirror. when I use the soundcard in my computer I gain full control over panning.???
by SwitchBack on Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:18 am
That resembles what you would get when recording a mono source on a stereo track. So make extra sure that per USB96 input channel you use a mono recording track from a mono input channel in S1. The mono tracks should give you the panning action you’re after.
by robertmahaney on Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:36 am
I found the culprit. Bad headphone adapter. must have been shorted .thanks all

12 posts
Page 1 of 1