AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Presonus seems to have created a catch-22 situation here. They have discontinued the control panel software that was previously required for the Audiobox 1818VSL. As I understand things, I should be able to install Universal Control. And once installed, I am supposed to be able to click on the audio interface picture to launch the mixer window.

I completely uninstalled the Control Panel 1.3 and the device driver. I installed the Universal Control 2.1 and the device driver. It immediately required an upgrade to the 1818 firmware, which I did. That all looks normal and the interface works correctly with my DAWs. But I cannot open the mixer window.

The Universal Control page seems normal, but it does not respond to any mouse clicks to launch the mixer. Any ideas?

This is Windows 10.

Attachments
UniversalControl.JPG
Screen shot of main UC page.

Home studio:
Windows 10 Home 10.0.143393 64-bit
Intel Core I7 4 core 3.6 GHz 16 GB RAM
Studio One 5.0 Professional (and other DAWs)
Audiobox 1818VSL audio interface
Mobile studio:
Studio One 5.0 Professional
HP Pavillion 15-cs3079nr laptop Intel Core I5-1035G1 8GB, 1.29 GHz, 4 core
Presonus StudioLive AR12 USB as interface (Looking to upgrade)
by coreykaye on Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:40 pm
I'm in the same situation. Just bought the 22VSL, installed Universal Control 2.2.0.44119. A picture of the 22VSL appears but that's it. I can't click on it or anything. How do I control this dam thing? I have 14 days to return it..... :-(
(windows 10 x64)
by craigparmerlee on Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:35 pm
You cannot use Universal Control and also use the control panel software with Windows. You must choose one or the other. The control panel software still works, but it requires you to regress the firmware to an earlier version.

I don't think there are any plans to fix this, as Presonus considers that a working solution.

I did use the Control Panel with Windows 10 without any significant problems. However, I was not comfortable being on a dead end software path so I sold my 1818VSL and bought a Focusrite Scarlett Gen2. Mostly I was just irritated that Presonus seemed evasive about this situation.. If they would have explained their position clearly, I probably would have kept using the product.

Home studio:
Windows 10 Home 10.0.143393 64-bit
Intel Core I7 4 core 3.6 GHz 16 GB RAM
Studio One 5.0 Professional (and other DAWs)
Audiobox 1818VSL audio interface
Mobile studio:
Studio One 5.0 Professional
HP Pavillion 15-cs3079nr laptop Intel Core I5-1035G1 8GB, 1.29 GHz, 4 core
Presonus StudioLive AR12 USB as interface (Looking to upgrade)

3 posts
Page 1 of 1