AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I did some recording yesterday using two different microphones connected to inputs 1 & 2 on my 44VSL, and everything came out great - no problems. Input levels were recording at -10 to -16.

After the recording session I shut down the equipment and unplugged everything and unplugged the power source (surge suppressor and power conditioner) because we were going to get some storms that night. turned out to be a false alarm, just light rain.

So today I plugged everything back in and turned on the equipment, but now the input levels by the same talent at the same distance with the same settings are coming in at -42db. I take the same cables and move them over to inputs 3 and 4 and it works fine.

Did I blow the preamps some how or could I have a software or hardware setting screwed up?
by cristofe on Mon May 22, 2017 11:40 am
After the recording session I shut down the equipment and unplugged everything and unplugged the power source (surge suppressor and power conditioner) because we were going to get some storms that night. turned out to be a false alarm, just light rain.

First of all....WISE MOVE!! :mrgreen: I've lost gear to to T-storms and it sucks!!
Now then, as to the problem you're experiencing:

So today I plugged everything back in and turned on the equipment, but now the input levels by the same talent at the same distance with the same settings are coming in at -42db. I take the same cables and move them over to inputs 3 and 4 and it works fine.

Are you using dynamic mics or condensers that require phantom power? Could be somehow the phantom power got shut off to ins 1&2?

Did I blow the preamps some how or could I have a software or hardware setting screwed up?

It's VERY unlikely that anything you described harmed the preamps so probably, yes, it's just some hardware or software setting. Check all of that and if you're still experiencing the same problem, open a support ticket and they'll get you sorted out!

That being said we can help you better now and in the future with a bit more info......if you will post your system specs in your signature, (see my sig), we will be better able to troubleshoot your problems. Without knowing what type of pc you're running, what OS you're using, what DAW etc....we often can't recommend a "simple fix"

If you have not already done so please READ THE MANUAL!

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

2 posts
Page 1 of 1