AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have an 2x2 audiobox /USB with an external hardrive running USB . The program is studio one 3 artist version.
My specs on the computer are an iMac 2007 with El Capitan.
it's an older mac. Sample rate is 1056. 44.1/24bit. The audiobox itself looks and feels extremely portable and rock solid. The software looks really incredible and has way more features than I can even use at this time. I've used protools and Logic Pro in the past. I'm very impressed by the overall package for the price ...although I have more problems than expected...so fat

I've gone between both 512 sample rate and 1056 to try and get the popping/clicking to stop while recording and playing back.

The audiobox I purchased new and the most tracks I've tried to record is only two tracks.

The main outs are not hooked up to any powered monitors. The only way I listen back is through headphones. Ive tried a few different pairs but there's plenty of cracks and pops still.

I've read, watched and tried various combinations of attenuation , cables and mics to see if there's any noticable reason why the unit doesn't function as represented.
Are there any other things I can try before I abandon the presonus low budget line of hardware. The software looks very nice and it would seem just basic gain staging would be able to overcome the pops and clicks.
I am recording direct with an electric guitar and vocals with a dynamic and also a condenser mic. I'm aware of when and when to not use 48v for the mic.
I just want a simple two track electric guitar and vocal. No pops and clicks.
Is my computer too old?
Should I be running through a mixer instead of the USB 2x2?
Can anyone offer any advice?.....id also like to monitor effects while recording but not print just yet.
Nice looking software so far but not doing the basics good enough to move ahead at this point.

I've got the headphones at max because volume is low. I've got main outs off as I don't have any monitors yet. The mixer control seems to add latency when turned up past 12. Without the mixer knob up you can't hear anything hardly at all to overdub. Playback seems ok.

Do I need to use powered monitors to get the USB audiobox to function correct ?
If so how would I overdub something like vocals without horrible bleed and not able to use headphones? I apologize for the redundancy and rambling nature of my post.
Thanks in advance very much.

iMac mid 2007 (os 10.11.6) dual core 2.0 /4 gig ram,
pc laptop windows 10
12 gig ram

Audiobox 2x2 USB
/focusrite 1818 1rst gen usb
Studio one Professional 4.1.1
by jefferysmith on Mon May 22, 2017 3:51 pm
If you mute the channel so that you aren't hearing the effects of the DAW, you won't have latency.
by jonleslie on Mon May 22, 2017 4:57 pm
Thank you!

iMac mid 2007 (os 10.11.6) dual core 2.0 /4 gig ram,
pc laptop windows 10
12 gig ram

Audiobox 2x2 USB
/focusrite 1818 1rst gen usb
Studio one Professional 4.1.1

3 posts
Page 1 of 1