AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I have windows 7, and am unable to install the drivers for my audiobox usb.
I downloaded the installer for the drivers

First, i opened the installer (Universal Control 2.0 - PC) and during the installation, MS Visual C++ opened and ran a process .

I never got any prompt to connect my device to the computer as articles on this website say I should have, and instead was prompted to reboot.
I reboot, and nothing happens. If I then connect the device, windows opens a little bubble in the bottom right that says it's installing drivers, and then another bubble pops up to tell me this installation of drivers has failed.

Then, i've uninstalled this, and ran for legacy software: AudioBox USB v1.3 - PC (1.2.2. also was ok) , and it recognized my driver properly (and asked me to connect hardware like it should). But in this way, i dont have any monitor options, no mixer options (there were no such program as control panel).

So, my USB AUDIOBOX works half-fine on the older drivers, and is no-working-at-all at the newest.

Anybody got any solutions ?

regards,
damian rypiński
by gadget69 on Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:01 pm
Hi,
This is all going to be basic stuff...
First thing is, if this is an audiobox USB (original) it is a port specific device. This means it ONLY works on the port you installed it in. If you plugged it into ANY OTHER PORT after the installation on the original port, the device tried to install on THAT port also. You will likely need to uninstall and re-install the AB USB. There is a number of articles in the Knowledge base ( http://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us ) about these issues and solutions. ( http://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/ca ... Box-Family ) I HIGHLY recommend you check these articles out.
Make sure you register all your Presonus gear in your "My Presonus" account, and make sure ALL your software and drivers are on the LATEST versions appropriate for your hardware and software. This is the SUREST way to insure a problem free experience. We continually vet the devices and software from the accounts to insure trouble free operation.
Make especially certain you have the latest versions of Universal Control for the AB USB and you FOLLOW the installation instructions! I know at one point you needed to install the software and WAIT for instructions to plug the AB USB in, if you had it plugged in when you installed the device it would fail on SOME systems.. remember, we are all using divergent systems with myriad configurations and this makes it difficult to solve the problems without knowing exactly what your system is. We have asked that you provide system specs in some situations to help us get a solution for you.
If NONE of these things help, create a tech service ticket so a tech can get you up and running. The volume is high so be prepared for a potential wait, but the Knowledge base, and these forums are here to help!
Best regards

Tower:
Asus Crosshair V formula Z motherboard
AMD FX9590 4.0 GHZ 8 CORE CPU
16GB 2400MHZ RAM CAS8
512 GB SSD PRIMARY HDD
1.5 TB THOSHIBA 128MB 7200 RPM DRIVE
2.0 TB WD BLACK 256 MB 7200 RPM DRIVE
AMD R9-290 4GB VIDEO CARD
Windows 7 P sp1
2006 Imac
Lenovo thinkpad Z565 upgraded with a Quad core processor, SSD and maxed out 8GB ram
Win7 Sp1
Mac 2006
Ipad 3,
Ipad 4,
Ipad Mini
Iphone 6s+
Audiobox USB
1818VSL
i2
Studiolive 2442Ai
SL 16.4.2 X 2
Studio 1/3pro
Sony Sound Forge 10
Engineer / producer
Owner Twilite Zone productions
Owner Studio G
by damianrypiski on Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:45 pm
It didn't help me at all, but thank you for attention.
by gadget69 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:11 pm
Did create a tech ticket?

Tower:
16GB 2400MHZ RAM CAS8
512 GB SSD PRIMARY HDD
Windows 7 P sp1
2006 Imac
Lenovo thinkpad Z565 upgraded with a Quad core processor, SSD and maxed out 8GB ram
Win7 Sp1
Mac 2006
Ipad 3,
Ipad 4,
Ipad Mini
Iphone 6s+
Audiobox USB
1818VSL
i2
Studiolive 2442Ai
SL 16.4.2 X 2
Studio 1/3pro
Sony Sound Forge 10
Engineer / producer
Owner Studio G
by gadget69 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:13 pm
Did you try uninstalling and re-installing the driver? Did you set up a tech ticket? Did you install the driver before plugging the USB in?

Tower:
16GB 2400MHZ RAM CAS8
512 GB SSD PRIMARY HDD
Windows 7 P sp1
2006 Imac
Win7 Sp1
Mac 2006
Ipad 3,
Ipad 4,
Ipad Mini
Iphone 6s+
Audiobox USB
1818VSL
i2
Studiolive 2442Ai
SL 16.4.2 X 2
Studio 1/3pro
Sony Sound Forge 10
Engineer / producer
Owner Studio G
by damianrypiski on Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:13 am
Yes, i was succesfully uninstalling and re-installing the drivers.
And yes, i've installed the driver before plugging the USB in.
Only during installing the legacy drivers (1.2...) i was asking to connect the usb.

But i didn't set up a tech ticket yet, i am looking for someone who solved the same problem as i had.
by kiowanieuwoudt on Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:13 pm
I have the same problem, when I install the driver I don't even get asked to plug in the USB.

Been uninstalling and retrying for about 10 times.

Any help please. Can't use my audio box 96.
by quynhle on Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:57 am
Me too, one night, one day for fix it.

FInally I can connect Audiobox with Win 7
Use this update Window for it
You have to install 2. If one already have on your computer, let install the rest.
Window Update have to be open.

Then, you just need to install the newest driver from Presonus, and then restart computer.
Plugin Audiobox. Everything is done.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/2rgps1mo ... x.rar/file

8 posts
Page 1 of 1