AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have a 2016 MacBook Pro with OS 10.12.2, 8 GB of RAM, and a 2.9 GHz processor running on Intel core i5. I have been using StudioOne Pro for 5 years on my old Windows 7 computer, and finally decided to upgrade to a more "portable" workstation. I tried to plug my Audiobox USB into my mac and run StudioOne, and neither my Mac preferences nor StudioOne preferences were capable of recognizing the interface.
Obviously there is no driver I need to install since the AudioBox USB does not require one, and it functioned flawlessly with my old Windows 7 PC.
I am still struggling to find a solution to my problem.
by Seebuyfly on Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:44 am
I have the same problem. I have a macbook pro 2016 i5 with 16gb memory running on Sierra. I have been using my audiobox usb on my previous macbook air and IMac 2015 without problems.
My new macbook pro 2016 does recognize the audiobox usb but doesnt connect. It also keeps loosing sight on the audiobox. Because every 3 seconds or so it doesnt recognize the audiobox and then it suddenly pops back up again. I can see that the midi is recognized because I can see in garageband for instance that my midi piano is recognized.

I was in contact with Presonus about this issue yesterday and they told me that there is a work around. You'll need to buy a powered TT hub.

I just don't want to buy a powered TT hub. Because I don't want just another more device and cable on my desk.

Couple of years ago I bought a Presonus Studio Live 16.4.2 mixer and had issues with the mixer not beeiing recognized by my brand new Sony Vaio laptop. I ended up having to sell the Sony and buy a macbook. Now it looks like I have to sell the macbook and buy a Sony again.
As you understand I will not do so. But I am stuck with a useless presonus product...... again.......
by ForumAdmin on Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:19 pm
I have split this Topic away from another Topic that was an older compatibility issue from 2014.

The latest release of MacBooks with USB-C has created an issue for AudioBox USB (and some Studio 192 users).

Please be sure to read the Announcement pinned at the top of this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=164&t=23563

Or go to the full knowledge base article here:
viewtopic.php?f=164&t=23563

Forum Admin
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1