AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello everybody,i bought an audiobox usb 2x2 a month ago. Yesterday was the first time a used the phantom power that comes with the audiobox. I wanted to record an acoustic drum using the 2 mic technique. Put a dynamic mic on the kick and a condenser mic for the rest of the kit in some point to start. When i activate the phantom the interface begins to pop en clip terribly, and gain is too hot even with the input knob of the interface all the way down. The pops and clips ocurr every 2 to 10 seconds, even when the mics are not receiving directly a strong signal (i mean just with the mic plugged without any performance), and only the input where the condenser mic is plugged is recording. If i turn off the phantom the problems are not present. But obviously i can´t use condenser mics. I need help!!!!
by cristofe on Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:54 am
It could be any number of things. Are you using a laptop? It sounds like perhaps you're not getting enough power from your pc usb port. I suggest you try a powered USB hub. Have you optimized your pc for audio production? Have you disabled wi-fi? Are you plugged into a USB2 or USB3 port? Did you install the drivers from the included disc? Or did you download and use the latest drivers from this site?

That being said we can help you better now and in the future with a bit more info......if you will post your system specs in your signature, (see my sig), we will be better able to troubleshoot your problems. Without knowing what type of pc you're running, what OS you're using, what DAW etc....we often can't recommend a "simple fix"

If you have not already done so please READ THE MANUAL!

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by daveclark3 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:36 am
Was an answer ever found for this? I get the same. With headphones turned to max I can hear (and record) the occasional pops (2 - 10 secs). Just about hear them without phantom power. This is with condenser mike plugged in (Rode NT 1-A). If I unplug mike I dont get pops. Changing mike cables didnt fix it?
by daveclark3 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:54 am
Oops! One thing I didnt try was moving EE Brightbox (broadband hub ) further away from Audiobox. I should have asked myself the question - Is there anything in the near proximity of the audiobox that could be interfering with it?! Anyway I hope that helps others with the same problem.
by klypeman on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:34 am
Have you read the above ?? When I record a condenser with phantom power I set the gain knob at around 10 o'clock to get in the ballpark of gaining. Have you checked the buffersize ? If set too low (32-64) pops can occur, the only way to get around that problem is to raise it. The suggestion of using a powered USB-hub can help if that is a problem. The only way we can help proper is to get specs as mostly they give more info. Use the link above.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by daveclark3 on Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:50 am
Sorry - I should have made it clear that moving the brightbox did fix the problem!

6 posts
Page 1 of 1