AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi again guys, just having some trouble with my audio signal so I wanted to make a fresh new post about it.

Recently I've been having some audio skipping issues with my interface, and looking around I found that for some people reinstalling the driver fixed it.

So I did... and now whenever I try to play audio with the two lowest buffer size rates (128 and 64), I get this distorted clipping sound. I works fine in 256 and above, but clips like crazy whenever I try to go below that buffer size.

My Specs:

Audio signal
-Audiobox USB going through an USB 2.0 port.
-Senheisser 202 HD

PC specs:
-CPU: i7 3770k
-Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77
-8GB of RAM
-SSD OCZ and a 2TB WD Black Caviar HDD.
-GTX 970
-Display: 2 LG Monitors. One of them is also a TV.
-----Windows 7 Ultimate x64-------

PD: By the way, is using 64 buffer size forcing my CPU too much? From the Task Administrator of windows CPU Use never goes above 25%. I have no idea if that's a lot or not.

Thank you!
Nacho.
by matthewgorman on Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:41 am
You system seems capable on the surface, but something is surely going on. The distortion is most likely from CPU overload. If you watch the CPU meter in S1, you will probably see spikes in the cpu when you hear the distortion.

google for a program called "latencymon", and install. Its freeware so no cost. Hook up your interface as if to record, and run latencymon. Let it run for a while. It should give you an indicator of what is possible jamming up your signal.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by cristofe on Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:08 pm
You might also want to open up Task Manager and have a looksee at what's running in the background.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by nachogonzalez1 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:46 pm
Okay so I didn't pay much attention to this problem because I was gonna change my OS to Windows 10 and so I did... And the problem still happens! :(
I'm really worried it's the audiobox itself. It started happening after driver changes, so I find it weird.

Please help
by phoenamandre on Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:42 am
I have the same kind of issues with my i7/ssd/8go of ram
sometimes it even get worst and I have to uninstall / reinstall driver, unbelievable
by matthewgorman on Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:48 am
Did you follow the above post regarding latencymon? Regardless of the power of a processor, and the amount of ram a computer has, there may be issues on a particular machine that need to be addressed. IRQ conflicts, background processes, and chipsets have a significant influence as well.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5

6 posts
Page 1 of 1