AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Just got this thing today. Got drivers installed and everything up and running but all my audio is only coming out of the left headphone. The jack is a stereo jack and if I plug the headphones into anything else they work just fine.

Any help out there?
by matthewgorman on Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:04 am
Did you record something using only the left input of a stereo pair? Have you run other audio through the Audio Box (Itunes, Etc) and its the same? Are you plugged into the front HP jack? Is the HP jack fully inserted into the jack?

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by justinbranch on Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:40 am
matthewgorman wroteDid you record something using only the left input of a stereo pair? Have you run other audio through the Audio Box (Itunes, Etc) and its the same? Are you plugged into the front HP jack? Is the HP jack fully inserted into the jack?

I did record something with a mic in the left input. But even on playback the track and audio only play in the left ear. Switching to computer soundcard and everything plays in stereo just fine.

Tried listening to youtube and mp3s with the same result.

Only HP output I have is on the back next to the speaker output L and R.

Checked playback device settings and the audiobox is set up for stereo.

Yes, headphones are plugged securely into 1/4 adapter and adapter is all the way in. Also tried multiple headphones with same result. I can't imagine a setting that causes this. My only thought is that my adapter, which is stereo, is bad or there is something wrong with the audiobox. But I know my 1/4 adapter worked just fine on my older box I just replaced.
by matthewgorman on Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:48 am
You could wind up chasing your tail if you assume the adapter is OK. It very well could be, but to properly troubleshoot you want to make 100% sure.

It may be a good idea to start a support ticket i9f it does wind up being a hardware problem. You won't lose any time that way.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by justinbranch on Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:11 am
matthewgorman wroteYou could wind up chasing your tail if you assume the adapter is OK. It very well could be, but to properly troubleshoot you want to make 100% sure.

It may be a good idea to start a support ticket i9f it does wind up being a hardware problem. You won't lose any time that way.

I intend to go grab another adapter tonight to rule that out. I hope it is as easy as a 6 dollar fix of grabbing a new adapter and not a whole ordeal of a bad box and returning the item etc.
I opened a ticket last night, but also posted here to see if maybe, just maybe I was missing some sort of setting or whatnot.

Thanks for the replies. I will update if I find out the culprit and solution.
by giorgioferrari1 on Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:40 am
Hi, i had the same problem, i just changed the adapter and everything was working fine. i hope for you it's just the jack adapter
by meccamusa on Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:29 am
haha! very helpful, it was only halfway plugged in! I almost panicked ! thanks!!!!

7 posts
Page 1 of 1