AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
14 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I'm new to audio interfaces and sound equipment in general.

My Audiobox USB works on my mini Mac with the USB cable they sent me, but it's only 4 feet long or so and I want to have the Audiobox 10 feet away. So I tried an AmazonBasics cable, but now the Audiobox doesn't show up as an available audio interface.

I thought it might be a power issue but the 48V and LED lights are on. Any help on why it wouldn't be able to find the Audiobox using a longer, 3rd party cable?

Thanks!
Chris
by henrinagelhout on Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:14 am
Are you using a cable with these two connectors?

If so, then any decent cable should work.
The length shouldn't matter over those short distances, +30 feet could become a problem but 10 feet should be easy peasy.

PC: MacBook Pro 13" (2016), i5-6267U, 8Gb RAM, 512Gb SSD, macOS Big Sur 11.3.1
Interface: Audiobox iTwo | MIDI: Nektar Impact LX61 | Monitors: Eris E5 | DAW: Studio One 5.2.1 Pro
Plug-Ins: Amplitube 5, Komplete 11 Select, Melodyne 5 Editor, Superior Drummer 2.0, and various freebies
by matthewgorman on Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:59 am
but now the Audiobox doesn't show up as an available audio interface.

The AudioBox is port specific on install. Do you have it plugged into a different jack now?

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by randymahoney1 on Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:38 pm
I am having the same issues. The Mac Mini will power thmy audiobox but the system will not recognise it as an audio source with any cable longer than 6'. I have tried 4 different cables from 4 different sources. Presouns tech support says that it "should" work. It doesn't.
by Skip Jones on Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:39 pm
You must plug your AB into the same USB port originally set up. Try moving to other ports until successful.

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by SwitchBack on Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:27 pm
Often those longer usb cables only provide a power connection but not a data connection. Make sure it’s not one of those. And try to find a cable with noise suppression ferrites (the ‘blobs’ on the cable near the connectors).
by davidwolfe1 on Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:46 pm
I recently had the same issue. Anyone know the difference between a cable that only sends power and not data? There are four conduits running through 3 short cables that work and four cables that run through the long one that doesn't. I've tested the continuity of all four conduits and they are fully conductive the whole length. Plus the shield is conductive on the short ones that work and on the long one that doesn't. I tested continuity on one of the short ones that work and they test out just the same. The long one that doesn't work is only 10' long (is a USB 2.0 Type A to Type B - Just like the shorter working cables. Shorter ones range from 4 to 6 feet in length.). Anybody got any ideas?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) || MacOS Version 11.2.3 Big Sur || Processor 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 || Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 || Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
Studio One Professional 5.2 || Ampire || FatChannelXT || Notion 6 || Presonus Hub
AudioBox USB Black Edition || ArtEngineers SplitMix4(2) || ArtEngineers Studio V3 Tube PreAmp(4) || AKG P220 Cardioid Condenser Mic
Atom Pad || Korg Triton ProX 88 || Fender Squire || Fender DG7 || Yamaha Studio Acoustic Piano
by stephenjackson5 on Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:59 am
I am having exactly the same problem. I have only one cable out of my entire fleet of cables that will work, showing the audiobox as a valid device in the device manager. All other cable fail to recognize the unit. The cable that works is very short..about 5ft and has an RF choke in the end closest to the Audiobox. I really need to get this thing closer to my keyboard. Any suggestions? I have contacted Presonus tech support but so far have heard nothing.
by SwitchBack on Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:56 am
There's serious quality differences in usb cables. Try find one in a higher price range, preferably with rf chokes on both ends. The longer the cable the more important it is to stay away from flimsy wires which cause voltage drop and signal loss over the length of the cable.
by stephenjackson5 on Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:24 am
Thanks, but I am still stuck. My cables are very high quality and were more expensive than most. I have ordered one with chokes on both ends just to see what happens. I have one cable 30 feet long made of very large wire fiber coated that works perfectly as a USB midi cable on my keyboard to the computer but will not support the Audiobox. The only thing I can figure is voltage drop but that is really hard to believe all cables from 10 to 30ft will not work. The only one that works is of the same quality but has a choke on the end going into the Audiobox?
by SwitchBack on Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:40 am
And this is all from the same computer USB port? As it may be low on voltage/power. Have you tried a cable with two USB A plugs on the computer side? Google for "USB"&"extra power".
by stephenjackson5 on Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:43 pm
Yes it is from the same computer port. I am not aware of a cable with dual connectors.
by SwitchBack on Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:38 am
Then try other ports too because they can have different grades of performance (e.g. due to sharing hubs with internal devices like camera's).

A dual plug cable takes power from two USB ports, effectively doubling the power available to the interface. This can make the difference especially with longer usb cables.
by adnjimnez on Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:40 am
Hola buenas a todos. Tengo exactamente el mismo problema con la interfaz AUDIOBOX USB. No hay caso de que mi Imac lo reconozca. Instalé los drivers pertinentes, he conectado dos cables diferentes y solo la enciende, mas no la reconoce.

Alguien a encontrado alguna solución?? Se los agradecería mucho :cry: :cry:

14 posts
Page 1 of 1