AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I had a very bad experience last night. Firstly, I yanked/broke my front USB 2.0 port on my computer that was almost too short for my MIDI controller (Photon x25), so I dug out a pair of USB hubs. Then I got the idea that it would be easier to plug my portable Presonus VSL22 and Faderport into the hub; would make it easier to swap their use between machines.

The next day- after not getting things to work properly -I am sorting it all out...

The VSL22 no longer powers up. (The blue light does not come on.) I tried plugging this into 3 different machines...as though the unit is broken.

In addition, my Faderport is not being recognised. It powers up, but is not being viewed as an installed device. The state it is now in carries the following lit up buttons:
Mute/red; Solo/orange; rec/red; LeftArrow/red; Bank/red; RightArrow/red; Output/orange; off/red. I tried to update it using the v38 firmware, but it is not being seen by the firmware update...even through it is receiving power and displaying the state (i.e. lit up buttons) I just described.

Of course, I put away the USB hub, which appears to have knocked out my devices. Everything was working perfectly. Now, I am in a state where my audio Box and Faderport are no longer operational. I have never experienced something like this. In addition, I cannot do anything with my DAW until this is sorted out. In a nutshell, I am just plain SOL... :oops: :? :x

I would certainly appreciate any/all infos on topic.

Thanks, very kindly.
by Trucky on Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:54 pm
Welcome to the Forum!

What operating system are you running?

What kind of damage occurred with the front USB port and is it impacting all the USB ports on your computer? If any are working, I'd start by uninstalling Universal Control and reinstall the latest version followed by a reboot.

You said the FaderPort (which model?) and 22VSL are no longer working.
Be sure to check the info at the following link if it's the older classic FaderPort:
https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?p=156960#p156960

What's the status with your Photon x25?

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.6 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32

2 posts
Page 1 of 1