AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello

I've just hooked up my new audiobox and it seems to record fine, and I can monitor the microphone loud and clear but playback using it as my audio device is very very quiet (crank all of the outputs and the headphone knob and can barely hear it).

Seems to me like I'm probably just missing a windows setting somewhere but I just can't find it.

Help!
by matthewgorman on Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:36 pm
Unless you are talking about listening to system sounds, media player, etc, then there is no other volume setting. System sounds and such, make sure that the windows volume is up in the system tray.

If this is daw playback, perhaps the recording volume was a bit low. Looking at the main fader during playback, where is the signal hitting on the meter?

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Chonker on Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:27 pm
Yea it's both quiet when playing back a recording from the DAW (definitely not recorded quiet, is fine through my soundcard/speakers) and with a media player, or system sounds.

I took a screenshot

The really odd thing is it shows up with full green bars, like it should be super loud, but monitoring the mike sounds fine so it can't be a hardware problem with the headphone preamp in the audiobox.
by matthewgorman on Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:05 pm
Do you have the knob on the front set fully to playback? Where is the main volume knob on the ab?

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Chonker on Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:22 pm
Well I'm a dumbass, I had the mixer knob all the way to the left. All fixed, thanks for the help!

5 posts
Page 1 of 1