AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
"The audio device AudioBox could not be initialized. Please check your hardware configuration and try again."

This pops up everytime that I try to open Studio One, I have the latest drivers from Presonus website and I have tried unplugging the device several times. And I've rebooted my computer.

I have AudioBox USB and have read the forums and haven't got an answer.
I'm using USB2.0, and have tried to have the unit both unplugged and plugged in at startup.

My computer runs on Windows 7.
by betonasa on Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:37 pm
Same problem here!
Please help!
by cristofe on Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:12 am
It could be any number of things. Have you optimized your pc for audio production?
Have you disabled wi-fi? Are you plugged into a USB2 or USB3 port? Did you install the drivers
from the included disc? Or did you download and use the drivers from this site? That being said
we cannot help you without a bit more info......if you will post your system specs in your signature, (see my sig), we will be better able to trouble shoot your problems. Without knowing what type of pc you're running, what OS you're using, what DAW etc....we often can't recommend a "simple fix"

If you have not already done so please READ THE MANUAL, register your Audiobox and open a
tech support ticket. They'll get you sorted.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by Peval on Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:17 am
I had yesterday the same problem on another PC W7 64Bits i7 16GBRAM.
Studio One 2.6.5.
Audiobox VSL downloaded from the Presonus web site. I didn't had the CD included into the AudioBox 1818VSL with me so I downloaded it.
It was connected to an USB2 port.
Audiobox VSL was running (apparently OK) but when I tried to configure the Audiobox into Studio One I get the same problem described in this topic.

Any idea?

Many thanks.

Packard Bell Easy Note TK85
CPU Intel Core i5 M480 2.67GHz
RAM 4GB
Windows7 64 Bit Home Premium
Display 15" 1366x768 Intel HD Graphics
Presonus AudioBox 1818VSL
Studio One 2.5

4 posts
Page 1 of 1