AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I need help on this.
I am hearing these popping and cracking noises in a pattern type beat. They come and go every so often and I have no idea why.
Changed USB connector, disconnected reconnected everything, tried different USB ports but it still happens.
Disconnected the mic and xlr cable, left the headphones plugged in, it still happens even when nothing is being recorded.
Disconnected the head phones and left the Mic and xlr cable connected, then recorded. It still happens even with headphones disconnected.
Also happens when the 48v button is turned off when just the headphones are plugged in and both XLR and headphones are plugged in.
None of the cables are bent.
Is it possible the Audiobox is the cause? I mean I haven't really used it in a while until recently. It hasn't been connected to any machines until recently. It was bought 5 years ago.
pattern is still there when the gain is turned down as well

Uploading an audio recording, Had to turn up the gain high enough to hear it. They're audible even with the gain being at a medium to low level.

Attachments
pop cracking static pattern .mp3
(1.68 MiB) Downloaded 62 times
by Trucky on Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:39 pm
Welcome to the Forum!

Be sure to keep cell phones and other electronic devices that generate noise and interference away from audio gear.

Please update your signature (see link in mine below) to include your system specs as that helps in responding to these type of issues.

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.6 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32

2 posts
Page 1 of 1