AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
19 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi, I am trying to install my Audio Box USB into my new Windows 10 laptop. I get the same message every time I plug it in.

Device Not Recognized, malfunctioned last time, etc - I've seen in other posts a few people getting the same message. In the Device Manager list it shows as Unknown USB Device (Configuration Descriptor Request Failed) and under the General Tab for the device it says:

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB configuration descriptor failed."

I have tried installing the latest driver off the website and I've tried disabling Wi-Fi which seems to have helped other people but still nothing.

Laptop specs: Toshiba, Intel i7-5500U @ 2.4GHz, Windows 10 64-bit, RAM 12Gb

Any ideas?
by GavinL on Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:26 pm
I've since installed all available updates for Windows 10 but the problem persists. Any thoughts?
by musikero1 on Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:35 pm
same problem here but seems no solution in hand. worked with windows 7 though but i am using my laptop with windows 10 so i should install it there. contacted tech support but no news yet
by JERKson666 on Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:13 pm
I've been having the exact same problem as well.
by cpal on Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:50 pm
I have the same problem at a Desktop PC, the device is not recognized at all. Trying to install the new drivers for Win. 10 but the device needs to be recognized first. I have some old drivers but they don't work for Win. 10. So, I'm at a dead end right now. Help please!
by mikenorgaard on Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:22 pm
What solved this for me was to use a USB cable with a ferrite bead on it - no other cables would work but this solved it.

http://gizmodo.com/5871162/what-do-thos ... -cables-do
by Ric_1981 on Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:05 am
Did someone solved this issue?

I have same problem, please help me!
by bernardcrawley on Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:45 pm
I'm having similar problems. I assume this is a Windows 10 driver problem. Presonus need to fix this.
by sauliusmarkus on Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:56 pm
I'm having kind of similar, kind of not problems with AudioBox.
I've purchased it more than a year ago. Installed on my (then) Windows 8 without any problems. Later, I've upgraded my computer to Windows 10 without too many problems.
In short. Everything was fine with my AudioBox until 5 days ago.
I was playing and recording with Studio One Artist when I smelled some burned plastic. My computer and Studio One Interface was on but "frozen".
No problem. I've decided to restart the computer.

My computer could not restart/could not pass that "beep" sound.
After several attempts to restart, I took it to the computer repair shop.
It took one day to repair the computer. Everything was working fine until I connected my AudioBox. The computer could not recognize/could note see the device.
I went through all my computer USB ports connecting my AudioBox but the computer could not see my AudioBox and there was NO RED LIGHT on AudioBox, no power for AudioBox.
I've tried to connect my mp3 players, the mouse, the keyboard to the same USB ports and all USB ports were working but NO POWER for my AudioBox.
I took the computer back to the repair shop. Three days later, still no repairs.
by sauliusmarkus on Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:17 am
I've just received a phone call from the computer technician that my USB problem was solved.
The technician has installed a 4 USB port hub on my computer and now I have the Red Light - Power - on my AudioBox.
In short.
Should you have any issues with the computer "seeing" your Audio Interface, add or install a USB port hub.
by AndreeF on Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:57 am
Has anyone resolve the issue? Im having the same issue. Please I need help! I really need it!!!
by AndreeF on Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:59 am
mikenorgaard wroteWhat solved this for me was to use a USB cable with a ferrite bead on it - no other cables would work but this solved it.

It is really true that you were able to resolve the issue by changing the cable?
by AndreeF on Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:02 am
sauliusmarkus wroteI've just received a phone call from the computer technician that my USB problem was solved.
The technician has installed a 4 USB port hub on my computer and now I have the Red Light - Power - on my AudioBox.
In short.
Should you have any issues with the computer "seeing" your Audio Interface, add or install a USB port hub.

You mean install this

Do you really think this will resolve the issue?
by ramonfort on Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:30 am
...after spending time trying everythig i saw online, here´s the driver that works for me on windows 10 64 bits : AudioBox_12_5194_ (8 MB)
maybe works for all of you,
I can send it to you by mail if you dont find it.

[email protected]" target="_blank
by danielnogueira on Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:02 pm
mikenorgaard wroteWhat solved this for me was to use a USB cable with a ferrite bead on it - no other cables would work but this solved it.

This doesn't work for me. I keep receiving the "Code 43" message.

And I can't istall legacy drivers because they demand to have the device plugged in.
by troisryan on Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:31 am
watch some of the noise on this post. Iv not tried it... but i wouldnt download any thing these guys^^^ are tellin ya too.
mostlikely is the cable. my presonus studio 1824 is being intermittent
and i feel the need to say
I found no usefull information here.
or anything id like to try.
Seems to me this is a dead forum set up by presonus to pay a lipservice
However no one from the team with any usefull knowledge.
Peace and love
(anyway back to trina get my soundcard working again)
by jamesfonte on Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:02 pm
I'm getting ready to throw this thing in the trash and just get the dang Focusrite. No answers from anyone. Frustrating
by lucst-amour1 on Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:19 pm
Hi guys I'm having the same issues with my studio 1824c and Windows 10. Is there anyone at Presonus to fix this ???? I'll switch over to focusrite.
by olegabramov on Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:57 pm
The same issue with Studio1810c and Windows 11

19 posts
Page 1 of 1