AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi, all. I have a cable which is XLR on one end and 1/4" TRS on the other. When I plug this into either 1/4" input on my AudioBox USB, I pick up static, interference, computer noises, etc. But when I use a different cable which is XLR on both sides, I do not get this interference. The AudioBox USB interface has hybrid input jacks, but based on what I'm experiencing, it seems that the 1/4" mode of the input is going to be unbalanced (even when using a balanced 1/4" TRS cable) while the XLR mode is going to be balanced. Does that make sense? I should just buy a pair of XLR cables to replace the XLR-to-TRS cables I'm using now?

Thanks
by SwitchBack on Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:44 am
Hi and welcome to this forum :)

The AudioBox only has mic inputs and instrument inputs. The XLR part of the combo connector is the mic input and it’s balanced. The jack part of the combo connector is the instrument input and it’s not balanced.

So there’s no (balanced) line input on the AudioBox. And yes, use XLR-XLR cables for the mic inputs.

2 posts
Page 1 of 1