AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello

I installed the Audiobox USB96 software on my Windows 10 PC as it is described in the manual. I used the cable which was included with the package and I don't use any USB Hub or extension cable.
After installing the newest version of Studio One 5.4.0.66465 and Universal Control v3.6.0.66460 I tried to connect it to OBS. I couldn't connect it. The reason for that was that in the device manager the driver had a yellow triangle and when opened it mentioned that the driver could not be opened. I tried everything including reinstalling and in the end the deactivating and activating made it work. Finally the Universal Control displayed the Audiobox in the Universal control tool. But after a restart of the computer that didn't work anymore. And I couldn't get it to work anymore. After a bit of googling I found the following link: https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... Windows-10
I went through all of the steps. If I remember all the steps correctly those are the things I had to remove in the uninstall process:
- UNINSTALL 6) There was no AudioBox or AudioBox VSL present
- Devicemanager 11) Only one driver found in the PreSonus USB 2.0 Audio Devices category
- Roamingdata 3) No files or folders with Audiobox found
- Prefetch Data 5) neither of Audiobox nor Presonos files found. But I found files which had presonos in the middle of the name and wrongly deleted them.

After removing everything I downloaded the newest version of Studio One 5 and Universal Control again. Then I deactivated the Avast Free Antivirus and installed the Universal Control v3.6.0.66460 as is described. But I assume this is the wrong software, since at point "Installing the Driver 8)" it writes that the installer prompts me to restart the computer which id doesn't do. And after checking the same things I had to check during the uninstalling process it looked pretty much the same. Also the Universal control doesn't recognize the Audiobox device. The PNP-Device Recognition says AudioBox USB 96 USB\VID_194&PID_0303\000000000000. The Error code is "Das Gerät kann nicht gestartet werden" or "The device cannot be started" in English.

These are the PC-Specs (I have no clue what's important and I translate it from German to English, if anything is missing please tell me):
Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Lenovo x64 bit computer
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 3501 MHz, 4 Cernal, 8 logical Processors
NVIDIA Quadro K2200
Realtek High Definition Audio

I'm looking forward to hearing from you
Philipp
by philippbrogli on Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:40 am
I switched out the USB cable to some random one lying around. And I also deactivated the driver and then activated it again. Now it works. Even after a restart. I just hope that this is a fix which works reliably. Why is the USB cable, even the one they sent with the package, such a big problem? I have never had any other device where that is the case.

2 posts
Page 1 of 1