4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I would like to post this question in the Firebox forum but the Presonus website will not accept my Firebox serial number in order to register my product to be able to post in certain other boards.

My question is, does the Firebox actually have selectable native sample rates including 44.1 KHz, or is the 44.1 setting causing hardware resampling from a higher actual sample rate? I would like to be able to sample at a true 44.1 KHz.

Also, is there any problem plugging an unbalanced cassette deck into balanced inputs 3 and 4 and selecting the 12 db boost in order to digitize the output? Would there be any noticeable noise added?

Thanks.
by matthewgorman on Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:30 am
It will sample 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96, and is configured in the driver control application

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by danparks1 on Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:46 am
Thanks for your reply. But are those sample rates resampled from a higher native sample rate like my Creative Soundblaster does, or is it a true sample rate for each selection? Also, please see my second question.
by matthewgorman on Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:09 pm
Thanks for your reply. But are those sample rates resampled from a higher native sample rate like my Creative Soundblaster does, or is it a true sample rate for each selection?

AFAIK, its a true sample rate

Also, is there any problem plugging an unbalanced cassette deck into balanced inputs 3 and 4 and selecting the 12 db boost in order to digitize the output? Would there be any noticeable noise added?

That's going to depend more on the total signal chain, more so that the interface alone. The tape machine and tape media have potential to add noise, as well as the cabling used. Keep your cable runs as short as possible to assist, but the rest is going to depend on the other components.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5

4 posts
Page 1 of 1