48 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3
cristofe wroteGlad you found a workaround to get you up and running till the new drivers are released. Hopefully this "fix" will help others in the same boat. Thanks for sharing! :mrgreen:

Update: This fix worked well regarding OSX playing back any audio file thru the audiobox and listening to any mic (dynamic and condenser) put into the box. Recorded tracks were distorted upon playback. Is there any way to get an update of when the Audiobox will communicate properly with Yosemite?
by cristofe on Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:32 am
Not yet. They're working on it.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by jasonnorman on Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:56 pm
Just saw this page, saying Firestudio Mobile is supported under Yosemite: http://support.presonus.com/entries/577 ... t-20-2014-

So I upgraded.

Now the Firestudio Mobile is not visible anywhere in the operating system, not visible in sound preferences, etc. Universal Control seems to work as normal. The light is blinking red/blue.
by mwright137 on Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:04 pm
I had to uninstall and reinstall Universal Control to get my FireStudio devices to work after upgrading to Yosemite.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by bjvengeance on Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:25 pm
PreSonuSupt2 wroteThe official stance is that we have not completed testing as of that release.

Users who update to the new operating system do so at their own risk.

How long could it potentially take for there to be upgrades for OSX Yosemite 10.10?

I am a complete n00b when it comes down to all of this. I bought my MacBook Pro and my PreSonus Gear (1818VSL & DigiMax D8) back in April. However, I only opened it all 3 days ago (long story for the wait). Firstly, I turned on my MacBook Pro and began all of the updates (which included the OSX Yosemite 10.10).

After what felt like a million years, my MacBook Pro is now fully up to date. I then started trying to install the drivers, firmware and software for both the 1818VSL and Studio One and it was at this point that I started having issues.

Hardly knowing a thing about Mac's, I don't know if I can or if I am actually able to go back to a previous OSX? Should I just invest in a Microsoft Laptop? Or will there Driver, Firmware and Software available than can be run on OSX Yosemite 10.10? And if so, when can we expect them?

~ Create - Inspire - Unite ~

I am using:
- MacBook Pro (13")
- PreSonus1818VSL
- PreSonus DigiMax D8
- Studio One Producer 2

Please be patient with me! I have never used a Mac before and I have never done my own recording before either. So, yes I am 110% n00b!!! Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
by sharonzaz on Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:48 pm
you can install an older version of OS X on just about any mac.
the problem is its not a downgrade, but youll need to create an install thumbdrive of the said OS and erase your drive for a brand new install.

youll need the OS install app from the store (Lion and up) and an 8GB drive.
the tutorials are all on the net.

we've been waiting for quite a while for Presonus to move their arses and provide us with solutions.
who knows when this would happen...
:(

http://www.sheron.co.za
https://www.youtube.com/user/sheronmusician/videos
https://soundcloud.com/sheron-imj-band/tracks

MacPro i7 12GB Ram SL 10.6.8
MBP MD101 i5 - 2.5 OS X 10.10.3
RME Multiface
Yamaha 01V96
1818VSL (Sold and gone forever)
Yamaha MSP10+SW10
Mackie DL32R
Focusrite VoiceMasterPro
Logic Pro 9
Logic Pro X
by bluesriff on Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:04 am
UPGRADED to Yosemite 10.10 no problems whatsoever with Studio One 2.6.4 and AB1818 8-)

• QSC Touchmix-8
• Apple Macbook Pro Core i5 2.40GHz 15" 4 GB RAM 320GB
• OSX Yosemite ~ 10.10.2
AB1818 Firmware v1.3 Mac (all VSL related files purged)
• Studio One Artist 2.6.5 (Build 30360)
by jastanjo on Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:00 am
I don't know how it can take so long for Presonus to get the drivers sorted out and the VSL working without hot-plugging or other tricks...

Well, I'm selling my 1818VSL and bought a different interface from a brand that supports it's customers.
by sharonzaz on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:31 am
jastanjo wroteI don't know how it can take so long for Presonus to get the drivers sorted out and the VSL working without hot-plugging or other tricks...

Well, I'm selling my 1818VSL and bought a different interface from a brand that supports it's customers.

where's the ''like'' button?

http://www.sheron.co.za
https://www.youtube.com/user/sheronmusician/videos
https://soundcloud.com/sheron-imj-band/tracks

MacPro i7 12GB Ram SL 10.6.8
MBP MD101 i5 - 2.5 OS X 10.10.3
RME Multiface
Yamaha 01V96
1818VSL (Sold and gone forever)
Yamaha MSP10+SW10
Mackie DL32R
Focusrite VoiceMasterPro
Logic Pro 9
Logic Pro X
by bluesriff on Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:08 pm
UPGRADED to Yosemite 10.10.1 ~ no problems whatsoever with Studio One 2.6.4 and AB1818 (without running VSL of course...)

• QSC Touchmix-8
• OSX Yosemite ~ 10.10.2
by shtepan on Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:24 am
So 1818VSL is working for the 10.10.1 system, but we can not use AudioBox VSL software? It seems to be strange.. why isn't VSL working? :ugeek:
by perceval on Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:57 am
cristofe wroteSorry but you're wrong.....MANY RME users and some M-Audio users reporting problems with Yosemite....only MOTU seems to have gotten it right. Oh and BTW....Focusrite, Tascam, and Steinberg users have also reported compatibility issues with Yosemite.

Looks like most are getting up to date.

here's a post on Sweetwater that shows where most software distributors stand on Yosemite:

http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/art ... formation/

BTW, my 1818 is working, with VSL, on 10.10. I usually start up the computer with the unit turned off, then when it finished booting, I turn on the 1818 and start the VSL app.

The iPad app is not working though. It connects, then quickly disconnects and then crashes.

Funny. Even though Apple gave the beta away to a bunch of users, Presonus didn't seem fit to give the early beta a try?

Of course, it's always easier to wait and fix later should something arises than taking the pro-active stance and giving the customers a hassle free product right off the bat. It seems to be the norm with a lot of companies these days... I miss the 50's (not that I was born then, but seeing all the movies and ads from the 50's, you can see that user experience was the number one priority those days!) Wish we could have 50's business models with the technology of 2014!
by beatntrack on Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:01 pm
I too have Yosemite on both my Mac Pro and Mac Book Pro. I thought I'd better get the latest update installed for my 1818VSL since I had an older version and that was a big mistake. This morning I installed v.1.3 and it said the firmware needed updating so I clicked proceed.
At that point, the VSL stopped outputting sound and the main out meters stayed pegged at overload. Oddly, disabling Effects B allowed audio through again but after a few seconds it made a loud pop and went silent again. There went using it for my gig this weekend.

I see Presonus is working on the fix so by adding to this thread I hope to receive notice when that is available. I would have REALLY appreciated a big warning on the Presonus downloads page saying "YOSEMITE COMPATIBILITY UNTESTED" and I would have waited. Instead I trusted its little updater to proceed and now it's dead in the water.

Dave
by Mark Glass on Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:18 pm
My Audiobox 44VSL works with Yosemite but version 1.3 of the VSL software is non responsive. I can't use it for low latency cue mixes. I saw an Oct 16th memo from Persons but nothing since. Is there another solution that I could use and just move on to something else?

S1 Pro 5.5, Mac M1, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, OS Monterey, Focusrite Clarett 8pre, Allen & Heath ZED60 14FX for routing, multiple guitars, bass, keyboards, amps, mics, EZ Drummer 3, home studio primarily for songwriting as musician.
by bluesriff on Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:28 pm
Mark Glass wroteIs there another solution that I could use and just move on to something else?

Use Studio One...?

• QSC Touchmix-8
• OSX Yosemite ~ 10.10.2
by adammm on Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:52 pm
This is poor.
How come my previous audio interface, focusrite scarlett 2i2, just plugs in and works perfectly with Yosemite, but it's much older than the 1818vsl ?

Glad i kept the old interface, but i'll be sorely out of pocket if this isn't sorted soon, since it doesn't have enough inputs for some of my recording sessions.

Regret spending all that money on presonus 1818vsl, and it isn't even ready for use with an up to date mac, which is always going to be the choice of a huge proportion of home studios.

Logic 9
Mac mini
OSX Yosemite 10.10
2.8 Ghz intel core i5
Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
by Mark Glass on Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:35 pm
bluesriff wrote
Mark Glass wroteIs there another solution that I could use and just move on to something else?

Use Studio One...?

The "Z" isn't showing allowing me to use a zero latency cue mix. Any thoughts?

S1 Pro 5.5, Mac M1, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, OS Monterey, Focusrite Clarett 8pre, Allen & Heath ZED60 14FX for routing, multiple guitars, bass, keyboards, amps, mics, EZ Drummer 3, home studio primarily for songwriting as musician.
by bluesriff on Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:43 pm
Mark Glass wroteThe "Z" isn't showing allowing me to use a zero latency cue mix. Any thoughts?

I don't bother with "Z", I'm getting @6ms of latency, which is acceptable for LIVE SR.
(It might help if you list your gear...)

• QSC Touchmix-8
• OSX Yosemite ~ 10.10.2
by Mark Glass on Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:06 pm
bluesriff wrote
Mark Glass wroteThe "Z" isn't showing allowing me to use a zero latency cue mix. Any thoughts?

I don't bother with "Z", I'm getting @6ms of latency, which is acceptable for LIVE SR.
(It might help if you list your gear...)

Late 2013 iMac, 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Presonus Studio One 2.6.5.30360 OSX x64
Presonus Audiobox 44vsl

by beatntrack on Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:27 pm
How can I go back to a prior firmware version for the 1818VSL? When I downloaded and installed v.1.3 Mac software (thinking I should to keep up to date with my Yosemite install) it said the unit's firware needed updating also. I did that and now the whole thing is unresponsive, though it seemed to work fine before all of this. I went back to v1.22 but the firmware in the 1818 is the newer one. Can I go back or this a doorstop now?

48 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3