2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello, does anybody know if I can use a Firebox and a Firestudio Project on the same computer running WIN 7 64 bit, with a quad core processor, and 8 gb ram?

Which driver do I need and which Universal Control? What pitfalls will I see so I can avoid them? If I have to do away with one of them I also have a MOTU 828 Hybrid that has usb and firewire. So I could use the MOTU or the Firestudio for multitracking and keep the Firebox to run all my general sound duties?

What about win 7 updates. Do I stick with win 7 64 bit SP1 with the platform update? Once I get everything up and running the computer will be used for multimedia and studio use only. I do not put my studio computer on the internet unless I have a drive image known to be good and stable first.
by cristofe on Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:10 am
No....no.....and no. You cannot daisy chain a Firebox with a Firestudio. A Firstudio Mobile or any other member of the Firestudio family will work but a Firebox will not. You also cannot use the Motu
simultaneously with ANY Presonus interface. And yes, once you've got SP1 and platform updates installed so S1 will run I would recommend you cease updating......if it aint broke don't fix it. As for UC just use latest one for the Firestudio:

http://www-media-presonus.netdna-ssl.com/downloads/products/zip/PreSonus_Universal_Control_174.zip

That's what I do with my main DAW. Get it running right and then don't let it anywhere near the net.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

2 posts
Page 1 of 1