4 posts
Page 1 of 1
seems to be an issue with VIA firewire, confirmed. I tried a LSI firewire card and firebox worked!

run driver in Win 7 compatibility mode, with run as Admin selected. tested with Studio one 3 Pro, confirmed. tested with media player, using MP4, MP3, Flac, Wave, confirmed.

Test system is Intel dual core Quad Q9450 running Windows 10 Pro 64

:thumbup:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
ASUS Pro WS X570-ACE
64 GB DDR4-3200
EVGA GTX 3060
Presonus Studio 192
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
StudioOne 6
by peterstretch on Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:21 pm
Hi,

Can't get Firebox driver to install on Win 10, just get a list of devices which work with Win 10. Blue light on but can't select Firebox as it's not showing in sound card option, so no audio. Help!
by peterstretch on Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:33 pm
Rebooted and now red light only. damn! Really want to use my trusted Firebox rather than the crap M Audio thing I've had to borrow. Please, please help Presonus!
by cristofe on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:23 am
Please, please help Presonus!

Sorry, not going to happen. The Firebox has been discontinued for a looonnng time. It is no longer supported by Presonus. However, as has already been mentioned the Firebox driver can be installed on Win10 in compatibility mode. I've had a Firebox, Inspire & Firepod all working on Win10....but that OS is not officially supported for any of those devices. It may be that your firewire chipset is not compatible.....here is a list of compatible firewire devices:

http://www.presonus.com/uploads/products/media/files/PreSonus_FireWire_Chipset_Compatibility_7-25-12.pdf

All that being said......we can help you better now and in the future with a bit more info......if you will post your system specs in your signature, (see my sig), we will be better able to troubleshoot your problems. Without knowing what type of pc you're running, what OS you're using, what DAW etc....we often can't recommend a "simple fix"

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1