2 posts
Page 1 of 1
According to the back of the Firepod, it can take 12V - 24V DC for power, or 15V AC which is the power supply that comes stock with the unit.

For AC power supplies polarity does not matter, but with DC it usually does. The back of the Firepod does not indicate what the polarity should be when using a DC power supply. Is it negative tip, or positive tip? Does anyone know?

Reason I ask is that my power supply is dying... but I have a lot of DC laptop power supplies laying around.

Windows 10 Professional, 8 Gig Ram, Q9300 Intel 2.5G CPU, ATI 5400 Video
Firepod Interface, Studio One Artist (64 bit) V2, M-Audio Axiom 49, FaderPort
by cristofe on Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:30 pm
I recall seeing a similar discussion. I believe the consensus was that the FP10 can use either positive or negative DC and is capable of switching internally. BUT I'm not absolutely sure about that....it's been a while!! :mrgreen: I'd wait for someone else to confirm this before I started plugging things in!

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

2 posts
Page 1 of 1