5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I updated to Yosemite on my Mac before checking whether the FP10 would even be supported (not smart I realize). However, I had been running Maverick and using my FP10 without any issues, so my assumption had been that the minor update to Yosemite would not cause a problem. I think I am wrong, however since I can no longer connect to my iMac....

Per the Presonus site, it appears that the FP10 isn't even technically supported for Maverick. I am assuming then, that unless I want to re-install my old OS, I need a new interface. So..if what I have typed so far is correct, I have two questions:

1) What would be a suitable replacement for the FP10 in terms of price & features? I was pretty happy with it up until this point...

2) Is it worth holding on to for any reason or is there even a market for it anymore now that the drivers are no longer supported?

Thanks!

Mike
by cristofe on Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:37 am
1) What would be a suitable replacement for the FP10 in terms of price & features? I was pretty happy with it up until this point...

http://www.presonus.com/products/FireStudio-Project

2) Is it worth holding on to for any reason or is there even a market for it anymore now that the drivers are no longer supported?

Is it worth holding on to? That depends on your needs. If there is nothing wrong the unit, you might consider getting a cheap used laptop and build a mobile rig...if you have such a need. The FP10 works perfectly fine with nearly ALL OS's EXCEPT Yosemite. And for EXACTLY that reason there is, of course, a VERY strong used market for these units....they sell on eBay all the time. What do you want for it? Maybe I'll buy it!! :lol:

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by zdog on Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:22 pm
Thanks for the reply!

Firestudio looks like the logical replacement at this point. If I decide to dump my FP10, I'll give you first dibs if you want it! :D
by cristofe on Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:26 am
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by zdog on Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:26 pm
Hi Cristofe,

If you are still interested, I think I am going to sell my FP10. Shoot me a message if you want it...I'll probably go ebay with it if not.

Thanks!

cristofe wrote:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

5 posts
Page 1 of 1