3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I had a hell of a time getting my two fp10's to sync for any amount of time. One unit worked just fine but daisy chain a second one and they would lose sync consistently. I then read about someone having the same issues running sonar with two units. He would have a crash where mine would just lose sync and reset.
I'm running a windows 7/64 desktop. Studio one pro/ firewire pcie card.
I learned from the sonar user that I needed to roll back my firewire driver to the legacy driver. This made a difference but did not fix it.
see:
http://forumsarchive.presonus.com/posts/list/39741.page

What did fix it was disabling all windows audio. They are set to reinitialize automatically.
start menu/ right click computer/ manage/ windows audio dbl click and disable. I also disabled anything else that may have to do with audio as overkill. it seems that windows 7 audio tries to regain audio superiority thus causing an interruption with the two pods.
in short...use legacy driver for firewire card and
disable all windows audio
technical terms lacking here but have found my two fps working just fine for the first time
by palladinojt on Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:08 pm
Trying this fix, but don't see "Windows Audio" anywhere as described in your post. Where do I go from here (see attached)?

Attachments
Computer Management.JPG

http://www.reverbnation.com/joepalladino

Presonus FirePod (x2)
Presonus Studio Channel Tube Pream (x2)
Audix i5 (x1)
Audix D2 (x3)
Audix D6 (x1)
Shure SM57 (x2)
Audio Technica AT2035 (x1)
MXL V67 (x1)
MXL 551 (x2)
Gretsch Catalina Birch drums
WFL 1950's maple 6-lug snare (5-1/2" x 14")
OCDP maple 8-lug snare (7" x 13")
by crisnich on Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:44 am
Yes, we are in 2018, almost 2019 and this is an amazing sound device, an amazing interface. I have three of them, daisy chained and give's me 30 OUT audio ports. I working fine , but only a weeks ago I found the solution for the sync fail. (led's blink red and turns to blue).
And, in my case, the AVAST antivirus was the problem.
I looked at events register, and in the exact moments of lost sync, theres a register for "Avast can't update" or similar.
Uninstalled AVAST and is almost 3 weeks without loosing sync anymore. Allways working in 48khz (because the AD DA adaptors of SPDIF).
Good luck!

3 posts
Page 1 of 1