10 posts
Page 1 of 1
Im so happy that I have found a use for my 2626 with my Mac Book Pro and the Twin.
For some time I was thinking that my 2626 had to go out for sale but discovered that I could use the 2626 as mic inputs via ADAT together with my Twin so now I got 10 mic/line inputs. :D :D :D

One thing bothers me, Im only able to do it in 48 KhZ and not 44.1 KhZ, anyone who knows a solution to that ??
(Not possible to use the firewire,no Universal drivers for this Mac and 2626 ..)
:?:

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by SirNickity on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:37 am
Can you be more specific about what happens at 44.1kHz?

Just to cover the bases, you've selected ADAT In as the clock source on your AT control panel, right?
by klypeman on Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:20 pm
What happens is no sound and the LED's flicker just a tad at the bottom led's
One of the problems is that it is not possible to use the 2626 as standalone with my Mac Book Pro as it is updated with latest OS. There is no drivers for this OS.
And what do you mean with selected as clock in ?? (not very familiar with ADAT or clocking in general)
As it stands now I have to use the AT as sound interface foremost to get to the goodies like their Unison Preamps (Neve 1073 emu, API Vision emu, UA 610 emu) and the reverbs on aux's
If I understand correct it is to use the 2626 to clock and get synced sound ??
Can I use it as Master clock even when I got no drivers this way ??
I would be most happy if you could clearify a tad on the clock subject thingy.
:)

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by SirNickity on Fri May 01, 2015 2:04 pm
Well, first -- I don't own an Apollo, so I'm not sure what it can or does do w/o computer control. That one's up to you.

Next, clocking is vital. You really need to get a handle on this topic if you're going to be combining digital interfaces. You must have one, and only one, clock source in your stack of interfaces. The Apollo can generate the clock, and the FS can slave to it, or vice versa. ADAT carries a clock signal in-stream, so one option is to tell the Apollo to sync to the FS's ADAT clock. Usually, you would pick the interface that has the "best" clock (subjective discrimination, or pick the most convenient, or the one with the biggest marketing boast about the quality of their clock) and use Word Clock Out on that to all your other interfaces' Word Clock In interfaces. Not all interfaces have a WC in/out though. You may end up choosing the clock master by nature of there only being one way to do it.

If you don't have clocking set up correctly, it will work (mostly) when the two interfaces are coincidentally at the same sample rate -- e.g., both at 48kHz. Except.... no two clocks are ever perfectly in sync when they're both running at once. This will manifest as random bursts of noise / static / drop-outs as the clocks drift in and out of sync with each other. When the interfaces are at different sample rates, you can pretty much expect them not to work at all. You might get noise, or you might get dead silence -- if the interfaces are well-behaved and can tell by the data pattern that you didn't set things up correctly.

There are a hundred and two excellent articles explaining how all this works already, so I won't reinvent that wheel. Browse the tech database of pretty much any vendor and you'll see. Anyway, that's most likely your problem. Don't be content that it works at 48k. It might, but it won't work very well.
by klypeman on Wed May 06, 2015 9:21 am
Most informing SirNickity, thanks a lot !! Im going to see if I can use the ADAT clock to get the 2626 set up as slave as I suspect the Apollo has a tad better clocking, will get back to it when work is done. :thumbup:

Forum Moderator.

by SirNickity on Fri May 08, 2015 12:29 pm
Bear in mind, if you're using the 2626 as additional pres, that means the ADAT stream is going FROM the 2626, TO the Apollo. If you want the Apollo to be the master clock, there would need to be an ADAT connection going the other way -- FROM the Apollo, TO the 2626 -- which isn't possible, since the Twin doesn't have an ADAT Out port.

You don't have WC I/O on that box either, so your only real choice in this case is to have the 2626 be Master and the Twin as the Slave.

Sorry if I wasn't clear earlier -- I was talking generics without much consideration about what I/O you have to work with. When I said sometimes you have to choose a clock master because it's the only way to do it, this is one of those times.

I think I also missed your point about drivers -- not having the ability to configure the Firestudio because of Yosemite compatibility. That's going to be a problem, since the FS doesn't have buttons to configure clocking or sample rate on the front panel. I don't know how it behaves in standalone mode either -- I don't have the 2626, but I have a Lightpipe with a bunch of DigiMax FS slaves under it. I haven't tried to use it without FireWire connectivity, since there's not much point doing so in my case. You might have to try configuring the box on a Windows PC (or earlier Mac) and just see if it retains those settings after disconnecting and power cycling. If not, there's really no good workaround (that I know of) for that particular combination of interfaces.
by klypeman on Mon May 11, 2015 2:53 am
@ SirNickity All what you said :thumbup:
I wasn't thinking straight of course there is no ADAT Out on the Apollo Twin so the Apollo as Clock source is out of the window.
I got an old PC and a G5 mac to try and set the clock right in the 2626 as it is as you said no ADAT out on the Apollo but until then I have to use 48KhZ. and can live with that for now, but wished that Presonus wasn't so quick to end their support for 2626...
And now they (UA) came up with the Marshall 1959 Plexi Amp sim And the new Neve 88RS Unison plugin... Life is sweet. :D
If all fails I have to get a ADA8200 or similar as Those plugins is getting my cash.....
I can still use the 2626 with one of the older systems in my studio.

Forum Moderator.

by SirNickity on Tue May 12, 2015 6:52 pm
The 8200 should do the trick, although I have my reservations... While I hate to judge a book by its cover, I do struggle with the idea of having a Behringer device clocking something as nice as the Apollo. ;-) But who knows, it could have a perfectly wonderful clock.

I used to own an ADA8000, and while it was cheap and handy for squeezing in a few more channels, it also died prematurely due to poor power supply design. As with all Behringer gear, you just never know. Some of them are workhorses worth twice the price, others are a complete waste of time. Definitely read up and see how they're doing in the field, if you can get by for a while with what you have.

Either way, looks like you're on your way. :thumbup:
by PhireAlly on Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:05 pm
The FS 2626 defaults to 48k when it's NOT connected via Firewire.
To keep it locked to 44.1k or any other sample rate... It MUST be connected to Firewire.

Hope this helps.
PhireAlly

MacMini M1, 8-Core @ 3.2GHz, 16GB Ram, MacOS 11.6 (Big Sur)
MOTU 1248 - MOTU 8A - Arturia AudioFuse
Presonus Studio One Pro 5.3.0 / 5.4.0 - Apple Logic Pro 10.6.3 - MOTU DP 11

Acustica - Antares - Apogee - Arturia - Blue Cat - Boz Digital - Celemony - D16 - Eventide - FabFilter - Flux
HorNet - IK Multimedia - iZotope - Kazrog - McDSP - Melda Productions 15 - Nomad Factory
Plugin-Alliance - Softube - Soundtoys - Toyko Dawn - UAD-2 Satellites TB2 & PCIe cards
Valhalla - Waves 12.7
by klypeman on Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:14 pm
Yes that info helps, at least now I know why..

Forum Moderator.

10 posts
Page 1 of 1