3 posts
Page 1 of 1
In Studio One 2 (S1 2), with the Zero Latency Monitoring (ZLM) "Z" icon/button activated, I Can't get any signal through from the soft console input ---> Sub bus ---> analog output. It's as though the soft switches in the interface are not responding to the DAW's commands, assuming that such commands are being sent correctly in the first place.

Anybody else have this problem?

The problem is not the hardware because everything works fine using the Universal Control 1.2 stand-alone app with a third party DAW (initials: SX1), i.e., all I/O functions fine and the ZLM is flawless.

So, I hear you ask, why do you need to make it work with S1 2? For two reasons:
1. About a year ago when I asked a PreSonus tech during a PreSonus webinar whether or not the ZLM function of the FireStudio - specifically the 26x26 legacy version - will work from within S1 2, I was assured that yes, it will, that all I'd have to do is follow the simple instructions in the user manual.
2. To minimize system resource usage, I want to see if running the FS 26x26 driectly from within S1 2 will result in a more stable system, i.e., fewer audio dropouts.

I have heaps more details but want to see if there's any interest before I post them.

-DESPERATE in MICHIGAN (and not on account of the weather...)

Computer model: Gateway Desktop AMD 2.3Ghz 3G Ram
OS version: Win 7 Home Premium
Presonus Firestudio 26x26 Original Version
dbx 386 Dual Vacuum Preamp with Digital Output
Primary DAW: Cakewalk Sonar X1 Producer (X1d build 533) x64
Secondary DAW: Studio One Two Producer Ver 2.6.1.24770 Win x64 (Built on Oct
23 2013) (it's only secondary cause I'm havin' a devil of a time figgerin' it out!)
by BassTwo on Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:56 pm
It took them a while but tech support finally came through with the solution:

================================================
Uninstall Universal Control and then open Start > Run (or Windows Key+R).

Type %appdata% and click OK.

Open the PreSonus folder and delete any FireStudio or Universal Control folders.

You must reinstall using version 1.2 from here: http://www.presonus.com/products/FireStudio/downloads
================================================

I guess the lesson is, sometimes uninstall just doesn't. :x
by cristofe on Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Glad to hear you got it sorted out!! Thanks for sharing the solution!! :mrgreen:

I guess the lesson is, sometimes uninstall just doesn't.

That's the unfortunate truth. :hunf:

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1