4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey guys,

So i scored a 2626 the other week and plugged it in and ports 1 to 4 were fine but 5 to 8 werent. I cant recall 100% if i had both blue buttons turned on on the left of the 2626 but regardless, now after downloading the latest software the ports arent working at all now, 1 has a bit of left noise, 2 has a bit or right hand noise etc and i feel thats to do with the outputs whichi dunno how to change.

Ive attached the inputs n outputs also.

Using studio one artist upto date, generally an audiobox 97.

specs are

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-H0JB12J
System Manufacturer ASUS
System Model All Series
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU All
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0311, 18/04/2013
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Model Not Available
BaseBoard Name Base Board
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Unsupported
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.17134.858"
User Name DESKTOP-H0JB12J\JSCol
Time Zone AUS Eastern Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.94 GB
Available Physical Memory 4.41 GB
Total Virtual Memory 9.19 GB
Available Virtual Memory 5.29 GB
Page File Space 1.25 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not InstantGo, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Attachments
inputs.png
outputs.png
by cristofe on Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:19 pm
Your attached photo shows the 26x26 under WDM drivers. Did you not install ASIO drivers??
You must use the last legacy drivers as the current version of Universal Control does not work with the 26x26. I've got two of them myself. Once properly set up they're great interfaces. Excellent preamps and lots of I/O options.

If you are not using Universal Control v1.2.2715, Driver v3.5.5, you must uninstall whatever you are using and switch to this version. You can download it here:

https://www.presonus.com/products/FireStudio/downloads

The problem may simply be your OS. This unit has been discontinued for MANY years. According to Presonus the Firestudio 26x26 and Universal Control v1.2.2715 are not compatible with any Windows OS past Win7. So if you want to use this interface you may need a Win 7 machine.
I actually built a new Win7 machine to be used with mine. And used 7 machines are a dime a dozen on fleabay. You should have checked for compatibility before making this purchase. That is ALWAYS a good idea. Especially these days when the tech is changing so rapidly. It always pays to do a little homework FIRST. The unit's specs are clearly listed on it's product page

Computer system requirements:
Below are the minimum computer-system requirements for your FireStudio.

Windows
Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit)
Note: Windows 7 was the last supported Microsoft OS for this device
Intel Pentium 4 1.6 GHz processor or AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Turion) (2.8 GHz or faster recommended)
1 GB RAM (2 GB or more recommended)

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by jacksoncollins2 on Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:57 pm
Fixed it all..

Rolled back the pc to before i installed all the stuff..
Then i installed the legacy drivers for the firewire, then i installed the latest supported 2626 UC. THEN, the reason there was no sound is due to when i reinstalled it all i was then able to see a mixer desk.. I put both lights on, on the left of the 2626 its self so as to activate all 8 inputs. The reason there was no sound is because the output lights in the mixer werent switched on. Must have had a corrupt install previously.
by cristofe on Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:32 pm
Glad to hear you got it all sorted out! :mrgreen:

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1