2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I used this RME card without any problems with my Focusrite LS56 and i know is good. Ive got a newer model now on LS56 and I wanted to use my old firestudios with xmax preamps as a AD converter.

RME card is locked in and shows a sync wiith same setting as usual using focusrite but there no digital data coming in the total mix. Spdf is set as clocksource, I disconnected the firewire cable and sync light is blinking. Can I use this 2626 unit as a standalone or it has to be connected to firewire at all times in order to send digital signal to RME? I am done with firewire and i am not going back even if i have to buy new preamps!

Does anybody use the same setup? Do I really have to be connected to firewire/UC at all times to send light to RME hammerfall?

-------------------------
Mac Pro 5.3 OSX 10.12
Cubase 6
Studio One 3 pro
RME Multiface
Avalon 737
Pro Art MPA 2
Presonus FaderPort
-------------------------
Dell Precision T5500 8core w Win7 Ultimate
Pro Tools 11 w Native Instruments Komplete,
Studio One 3
RME HDSPe RayDAT
Focusrite LS 56 & Focusrite LS 56 & Profire 2626
Eleven Rack
Akai MPK 261 + 2x BFC2000
Focusrite vrm box
------------------------
by frazfraz on Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:22 am
Hey sorry for the late reply - Well, I find this a few years on but it is still relevant today in 2022 if someone wants to do the same.

For the Firestudio it would need to be used in standalone mode if such a mode exists and if it doesn't, yes, it would need to be connected via a Firewire bus whether it be a PCI-e / PCI or thunderbolt connected via adapters (Apple Firewire to thunderbolt) - to access the controls of the interface.

With routings correctly configured from inputs to ADAT (digital outputs) you could then take the signals from the Firestudio into the RME ADAT inputs and use your Firestudio as a front end for the RME.

I'll try this one day with AN other similar interface - Thanks

2 posts
Page 1 of 1