10 posts
Page 1 of 1
Does anyone know where I can find drivers for my Firestudio 2626? I've tried the one on the Presonus download section, Version 1.2.2715 but it doesn't work. I only want it for very basic audio monitoring and won't even be recording. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
by cristofe on Fri May 13, 2016 6:27 pm
The 26x26 has been discontinued for YEARS. There are no nor will the be any new drivers being released. I use my 26x26 on Win7 no problem. I found Win 10 did not suit me but while testing it I found most proggies that worked on 7 also worked on 10. If ALL you need is basic recording you should be able to use recent versions of UC.....anything past 1.21 will not give you the control panel tho, Soooo.....I would GUESS that the simple answer to your question would be yes...BUT don't expect support from Presonus.

That being said we can help you better now and in the future with a bit more info......if you will post your system specs in your signature, (see my sig), we will be better able to troubleshoot your problems. Without knowing what type of pc you're running, what OS you're using, what DAW etc....we often can't recommend a "simple fix"

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by JSchneyer on Sat May 14, 2016 9:27 am
Thanks for the info. Yes, I know there is no support from Presonus, and hasn't been for a while. Unfortunately the Firestudio is the only piece of gear or software I have that won't run under Windows 10. Presonus tells me there is no way to make it work, either, so unless I want to roll back my OS to Windows 7, I guess I have a paperweight. The only solution might be to sell it to someone using an older OS.
by mikedocy on Sun May 15, 2016 12:59 pm
The 26x26 works for me with Windows 10.
I have been using it since Windows 10 was first released.
The one thing that I had to do to make it work is install the 1394 legacy driver:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2970191
by JSchneyer on Sun May 15, 2016 1:09 pm
Thanks for the info, Mike. I'll give it a try.
by mikedocy on Sun May 15, 2016 4:25 pm
It actually worked without the 1394 legacy driver until a certain windows update arrived and broke it.
After installing the 1394 legacy it is good. Studio One automatically finds the Firestudio. I also use it in Sonar and ProTools with no problem.

Note: The Microsoft page for the 1394 legacy driver is the proper driver for Windows 10 even though it refers to Windows 8 and 8.1 on the page. Microsoft confirmed (in a forum post) that the driver is good for Windows 8, 8.1 and 10.
by JSchneyer on Mon May 16, 2016 10:19 am
Thanks again, Mike. I've tried it, but I guess I must be doing something wrong. The device manager doesn't show the Firewire bus as indicated in the Microsoft article. I guess I'll play around with it a bit more, but I've losing hope. I appreciate your effort, though.
by mikedocy on Mon May 16, 2016 2:22 pm
JSchneyer wroteThanks again, Mike. I've tried it, but I guess I must be doing something wrong. The device manager doesn't show the Firewire bus as indicated in the Microsoft article. I guess I'll play around with it a bit more, but I've losing hope. I appreciate your effort, though.

Is your computer a desktop or laptop?

What type of firewire card do you have, PCI, PCIe?
TI, Via?

If the Firewire device doesn't show up in the Device manager then either it is not working or it needs a driver installed. In most cases it should simply use the windows generic driver.

It should show up in Device manager as IEE1394 device or something similar to that.

This is the reason your FireStudio is not working -- the IEE1394 Firewire card is not working.
Once you get the card to show up in Device Manager the FireStudio should work.

Try the windows "search for new hardware" or whatever it is called, to see if it can find the Firewire card.
by cristofe on Tue May 17, 2016 9:46 am
Also, not all firewire chipsets are created equal. Presonus has published a list of approved firewire chipsets/cards:

http://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/203654653/Approved_FireWire_Cards.pdf

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by Daryl Thompson on Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:26 am
Hi All,

This is my first post - I've been searching the forums for Firestudio 2626 articles, and this one seems to be the most relevant, I'm hoping the knowledgeable who've posted here re: Win 10 might also be able to shed some light on my set up/updating woes - this would be very gratefully received!

I'll try and keep it brief, and have added some setup items to my signature to help clarify - my essential goal is to determine if I am able to update my Firestudio 2626 software (and Firmware) to Universal Control software, and how to do it;
A summary of the last few days' efforts could be as follows:

1. Recently rebuilt studio setup - Firestudio was last used circa 2014, running original Control Panel V 1.0 and Firmware Version 1.04 on Win XP Pro SP3 (32-bit). I've nothing attached to the 2626 atm, as I'm setting up slowly - it's been a few years between drinks so-to-speak, so I'm keen to understand and update each element in the set up phase to it's "current" state prior to launching into creativity; I expect to be running Cubase SX3, to sequence a range of recording projects - primarily guitar audio, and electronic instruments/samples;

2. I understand the product differentiation between each of the Firestudio models, that the 2626 is no longer supported, BUT that the 2626 is able to run/compatible with the later-released "Universal Control" software package, which was an update/replacement to the original "FS Control Panel" package originally bundled with the Firestudio; The latest available version of Universal Control compatible with WinXP Pro SP3 is V1.2 via legacy downloads page at Presonus' website;

3. I've downloaded this latest package several times, un-installed the FS Control Panel (FS CPL), however the installer either (a) gets to it's end though will not show/allow selections for the internal clock, OR the buffer size (both show as blanks), indicating to me that the install hasn't successfully worked; Or, (b) the software simply does not respond after the automated restart; In the 3b scenario, the Firewire sync light is showing BLUE indicating it's connected and sync'd, but with no launchable software window;

4. The original FS CPL software has no way of updating Firmware or Software manually, so I'm unable to get to the process from "inside" the 2626 when it is visible/connected to FS CPL; I've tried manually updating the driver AFTER an "unresponsive" install through WinXP Device Manager, which updates the drivers as listed, but does not allow the Universal Control Software Panel to open (it just hangs, with "Not Responding" status in WinXP Task Manager);

I'm open to any suggestions, as this is hindering start up of new studio projects. I'm loathe to simply buy a new unit, as there's nothing wrong with the Class A preamps and audio processing power in the current unit, and this would seem wasteful.

If anyone has an idea of what may be causing the issue, I'd be very happy to hear from you;

Thanks,
Daz

PC Intel(R) Core2 Duo CPU E6850 @3GHz, 2GB RAM |
WinXP Pro SP3 | FireStudio2626 |
MacBook Pro OSX 10.10.5 | Full Traktor Pro Suite w/Technics 1200 MkII thru' Behringer DDM4000
Mackie Control Universal + Extender Channel | XV 5080 |

10 posts
Page 1 of 1