beginning of this year i got a second FS2626 in addition to the one i've already owned, which is used to cascade. i did add the BNC sync cables also.
Sometimes it does work but today i had serious problem using the devices, as the recording in StudioOne2 stopped an ih eard these annoying Clicks and Pops on the outputs, which seem to be related with Sync and Connection issues to Firestudio.
I'm using the Texasinstrument Chipset (according to PreSonus_FireWire_Chipset_Compatibility_7-25-12.pdf) on my firewirecard, and use the "legacy" driver as suggested in the "presonus_optimizing_windows.pdf".
i followed the steps described in presonus_optimizing_windows.pdf until "Startup Services and Applications".
Is there anything else that i can check. according to the FS2626 manual cascading of 2 of these devices should be possible, but i have no idea how to analyze the problem more detail.
Now on my new DAW i use win7x64 but had the same on WinXP also before and was the reason to get a new DAW.
My new DAW was previously taken out of Service in the company i'm working for, it was refurbished (new SSD, processors, ram...). As i did not update my signature yet heres the Basic data of this machine.
- DualXeon E5520 on Supermicro X8DA6
- 24GB DDR3 1333Mhz(non ECC). (there might be an issue with these as the Bios does not detect all of them even if i follow the Sockets as recommended in the Mainboard manual. I will do a check with some ECC-RAMs).
- Matrox M9120 PCi
- and a noname FirewireCard using the TI 48CJCNT / TSB43AB23 chipset.
- firewire connection matching the order of interfaces as shown in UC.
- i already tried to increase the Audio buffer - but this didn't seem to have any influence.
it was the first time that i have noticeed this issue on this Win7x64 machine, but i needto say that it was the first day i wanted to use it for recording after setting up the new system.
... when using UC1.7.2 and using the drivers installed with this the clicks 6 pops due to FW sync seems to be solved. And i'm able to do Complete Recordings.
But the Last version which had supported FS2626 was 1.2.2, so theres no possibility to choose ClockSource, or changing the Deviceconfig.
i just wonder if this finding can help to solve the problems when using UC1.2.2, i read some release notes but i didn't find hint so far.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest