4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I am trying to sync my firestudio 26x26 with a Firepod. The units sync together and my mac recognizes it, but I can't figure out how to configure everything else like my computers audio settings and the vst connections in cubase in order for the firepod to work. They units sync together with no issues, but their are too many other settings that need to be right and I do not know what those are. Please help
by cristofe on Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:54 am
You cannot daisy chain a Firepod with any of the Firestudio series. They are not compatible.

http://www.fandalism.com/cristofe

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by dustingriffith on Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:11 am
Their website says that any of their interfaces can be synced together. I have a Mac, it is possible to do, I just don't know what all of the settings need to be set at. You can create what's called an aggregate device to use the two together only on a Mac though. It is not possible on a PC. Like I said everything syncs, I just can't figure out how to set all of the numerous settings in my daw and my computer audio settings. I know this can be done someone please help.
by cristofe on Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:59 am
Their website says that any of their interfaces can be synced together.

I believe they are talking about current interfaces. Have a look at this:

http://support.presonus.com/entries/325252-Can-I-daisy-chain-my-FireStudio-family-interface-to-my-FirePod-FP10-

These devices CANNOT be properly synced but, yes, they can be used together as an aggregate device on a Mac. However, this is simply a virtual audio interface that is made up of the ins and outs of multiple interfaces. Aggregate devices are not very good solutions, especially when it comes to latency and monitoring. If you want acceptable results I suggest you get either another Firepod or Firestudio or you can use a Digimax D8 with your 26x26.....I do....works great!

http://www.fandalism.com/cristofe

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1