You, sir, are my hero! I recently re-imaged my 2012 15" MacBook Pro with a clean copy of Catalina. I wondered if I'd be able to get my Firestudio up and running again. I'm happy to say that I followed your instructions and it worked perfectly!
- Firestudio (2626)
- Monitor Station Remote (MSR)
- Firestudio Lightpipe
- 2012 15" MacBook Pro running macOS Catalina (10.15.7)
I Tested / Confirmed:
- iTunes / System Sounds work
- Pro Tools works great
- Both macOS and Pro Tools see all 58 ins & 58 outs
- FireControl sees all Firestudio 26 ins & 26 outs
- Everything is running rock-solid all the way down to 32 samples
- MSR functions 100% correctly (eg: mode switching, headphone outs, etc. all work great)
The only thing I'd like to sort out at some point is whether or not I can run FireControl and Universal Control together to have the software mixer for the Lightpipe (FireControl only sees & controls the 2626). I don't think running both at the same time is plausible but that's not the end of the world.
Thank you for posting your instructions, and thank you for keeping them updated!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest