3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I've been using this Firestudio Project for years now, and despite countless hours, probably hundreds, I can't figure out why the damned thing is so finicky. When it works, it is great. But when it does not, you can count on hour after hour of troubleshooting. Want to record today? Flip a coin. Heads you record. Tails you troubleshoot ALL DAY.

What are the problems? Oh, let me count them.

1) Distortion. Half the time I start up it sounds like all of the inputs are on the Kazoo setting.
2) No Audio. Then there's the times where no audio comes out or in at all. Nothing. Nada. Zip.
3) Sound in one side. Today is all of the above plus a new one. Sound only on the right side.

I've tried everything. Honestly. It isn't me. When I do the same thing the same way, but get radically different results, it isn't me. It is the system. Presonus, if you could fix these problems, I'd be a supporter, but based on my experience, this system is nothing but trouble.

Firestudio Project.
Driver version 3.5.5.10705
SVN:2715

iMac OSx 10.10
Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
by matthewgorman on Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:05 pm
If you are interested in troubleshooting, post your system specs. Off the top of my head, it suggests a firewire problem.

If you haven't already, there are some tools in the forum archive that can help. It may also be of a benefit to open a tech support ticket.

http://forumsarchive.presonus.com/posts/list/3535.page

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V4
by cristofe on Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:21 am
The problem is not necessarily your FSP. It could be any number of things. Are you using an approved firewire chipset? Have you optimized your pc for audio production? Have you disabled wi-fi? Did you install the drivers from the included disc? Or did you download and use the drivers from this site? That being said we cannot help you without a bit more info......if you will post your system specs (see my sig), we will be better able to trouble shoot your problems. Without knowing what type of pc you're running, what OS you're using, what DAW etc....we can't recommend a "simple fix"

If you have not already done so please register your FSP and open a tech support ticket. They'll get you sorted.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1