4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey
I've looked through the forum and couldn't find a topic with a problem similar to mine.

I bought a new computer i5 12400 + 32GB ram. I wanted to use on windows 10, like on the old PC, my FSPs (2 pcs).
I put the FW card on a TI chip which worked great the last 8 years with win 10, plugged in the audio interface and nothing.
The computer seems to be slow, crashes on reset. The FW driver for TI works fine. The problem is the Presonus software which does not start at all!!! I cannot start the UC in any way, even in Win7 mode - I click on the icon and nothing! Likewise in administrator mode.

Generally I'm frustrated, my new computer doesn't work with Presonus hardware even though it has the same system and Firewire card.

Do you have any ideas on how to get UC up and running ? To get at least one FSP to connect to the computer ??

HELP !!!

Current Studio Setup:
PC1: i5 12400F, 16GB Ram 3200Mhz, 512GB Sdd, 1TB Storage HDD
PC2: i5 2320, 6GB Ram 1600Mhz, 4TB HDD

2x Presonus Firestudio Project, Mixer Biamp 1642, TT303, Access Virus A, Waldorf Blofeld, Elektron MD, Elektron OT, Akai MPC2000, Akai S1000, Akai S2800, 2x Akai S2000, Emu Proteus, Roland D10, Yamaha TG55, MAM MB33, Novation KS Rack, Quasimidi Quasar, Korg EX800, ROland JX3P, Yamaha DX7, Yamaha AN1X, Yamaha CS1X, Roland EG1, Roland MC505, Korg DW6000, Korg M1, Kawai K4, Yamaha RX5, Roland TR8, Emu E-max HD, Akai DD1000i, Roland R8, Korg MR16, Quasimidi Technox and more...
by cristofe on Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:19 pm
The problem is NOT the Presonus drivers. You yourself said as much:

I wanted to use on windows 10, like on the old PC, my FSPs (2 pcs).
I put the FW card on a TI chip which worked great the last 8 years with win 10

If UC, your TI FW card and your two FSP "worked great" on your previous Win10 system, then the problem cannot possibly be UC....provided you are attempting to install the correct version.

UC 1.7.6 works just fine with Win 10 x64. I have three Firestudio 26x26's and two Firestudio Mobiles that work with no problems on FOUR separate pc's running Win10 x64. Two laptops with PC Express cards and two desktops with PCI cards. All, of course, with TI chipsets. Either your TI drivers or Universal Control may have been improperly installed. I suggest attemptng a full
clean uninstall/reinstall of both sets of drivers.

If you are trying to install an earlier version of UC than 1.7.6. ,(or a 32 bit version), that could be your problem.

UC 1.7.6 is here:

https://legacy.presonus.com/products/FireStudio-Project/downloads

That being said we can help you better now and in the future with a bit more info......if you will post your system specs in your signature, (see my sig), we will be better able to troubleshoot your problems. Without knowing what type of pc you're running, what OS you're using, what DAW, make and model of your audio interface etc....we often can't recommend a "simple fix"

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by jackleszcz on Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:45 pm
Hey,
the situation has changed. After many days of trying to get FSP up and running on new hardware, I had to go back to the old setup, wanting to finish the studio projects for the upcoming EP.

My OLD configuration:
Intel i5 2320, 6GB Ram 1600Mhz, Win10 64bit, 4TB HDD

because some time ago I got from a friend an i7 2600k which is several percent faster than the i5 2320, I replaced the processor. So I got another processor - a faster i7.

To my surprise, the card when inserted into the old PC behaves identically to the new one!!! Interfaces do not connect, red LED.
I reinstalled the FSP, using UC1.74 Unfortunately, to no avail, the interface still does not connect. I changed the connection slot in the FW card to another, but the same effect - did not connect. Reading the forum, I found hints that you need to change the clock source. Unfortunately, when I click on the clock source in the UC menu, there is a BUSTED BOX, I have nothing to choose from! And the drivers have a description as 0.0.0!

To sum up - my FSP does not work at all, neither on the old computer nor on the new one.
Several times I checked the correct installation of the pcie card, pressed the power supply, etc - everything is ok and the effect is always the same. I thought that perhaps the cable is damaged, I bent it in different directions, reset the computer and still the same - it does not connect.

Current Studio Setup:
PC1: i5 12400F, 16GB Ram 3200Mhz, 512GB Sdd, 1TB Storage HDD
PC2: i5 2320, 6GB Ram 1600Mhz, 4TB HDD

2x Presonus Firestudio Project, Mixer Biamp 1642, TT303, Access Virus A, Waldorf Blofeld, Elektron MD, Elektron OT, Akai MPC2000, Akai S1000, Akai S2800, 2x Akai S2000, Emu Proteus, Roland D10, Yamaha TG55, MAM MB33, Novation KS Rack, Quasimidi Quasar, Korg EX800, ROland JX3P, Yamaha DX7, Yamaha AN1X, Yamaha CS1X, Roland EG1, Roland MC505, Korg DW6000, Korg M1, Kawai K4, Yamaha RX5, Roland TR8, Emu E-max HD, Akai DD1000i, Roland R8, Korg MR16, Quasimidi Technox and more...
by cristofe on Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:23 pm
Hrmn.....it starting to sound as though perhaps it's a hardware defect. Perhaps either your firewire card or Firestudio are not functioning properly.

the drivers have a description as 0.0.0

That's an indictaion that the drivers are not recognizing the FSP. That could result from either the card or interface being defective. If you have another firewire device you can easily test the card.
To check the FSP though you might need to find a freind with another firewire equipped computer.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1