2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have a FSP interface that I want to connect to my new Razer Blade 15 Advanced (2020) with Thunderbolt 3. I read through the threads and learned this could be done with the right dongles/adapters etc. So I have bi-directional 400 to 800 cable connecting to an Apple FW to TB-2 adapter, then to an Apple TB-2 to TB-3 adapter. I plug it in and nothing happens. I don't see the interface in the Universal Control (latest version).

Also checked TB devices in Windows and the Apple TB adapter is listed. The BIOS has TB enabled with no security.

Am I missing something? Are any other drivers I need? I'm just debating on returning $100 worth of cable and adapters if I can't get this to work.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you!
by frazfraz on Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:38 pm
Hello - If you're on Windows you'll need to install a thunderbolt driver - So if you have a Razer pci-e thunderbolt external box - This would connect to a thunderbolt card on the Windows PC - The thunderbolt card would need to be in the correct pci-e slot in the motherboard. Which ever card you're using, say, AsRock or Asus or Gigbabyte or......

Some motherboards have thunderbolt built into the back panel - but it still needs a thunderbolt driver software - I've collected lots of different versions of the driver dependent on the generation of card being used.

It should work but you'll need to mess around - Unique ID option is best maybe in the BIOS - Trial and error - Restart etc......

Don'r forget to connect the thunderbolt card in the pci-e slot to the 5 pin thunderbolt header on the motherboard.

Asus Z490 & Z590 used an Asus proprietary 10 pin header and a "different" thunderbolt card. Hope this helps

2 posts
Page 1 of 1