2 posts
Page 1 of 1
So long story short. If have Firestudio Project that I am not willing to ditch with the Apple's Big Sur I can't run these interfaces on Macs any more. I have researched on the Presonus site and got confirmation from them that I can run the FS Project Interface on Windows 10. Since purchasing the Windows 10 Laptop, I have not been able to get the interfaces to sync up.

1. I have been through two rounds of uninstalling the UC App and trying to re-installing including attempts to manually link the FS Proj to the laptop through Device Manager. No dice.

2. I have downloaded the legacy 1394 driver. But it is a MSI file that appears in Applications "Control Panel". Instead of dropping files (*.inf) in a folder.

I am at a total loss as to what to do and could use any insights, tips and tricks to make this work. Hoping to leverage someone's experience and solution that Presonus can't seem to provide a solution for quite yet. I believe that UC 1.7.6 has a bug in it, but I don't think Presonus thinks so.

Any hints would be must appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

Specs
- 2 Firestudio Project Interfaces. Interconnect via Firewire 400 cable
- Dell XPS 15 9500,16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, Two USB-C Thunderbolt ports, One USB-C port
- Apple Firewire to Thunderbolt 2 adapter
- Apple Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 3 USB-C adapter
- WIndows 10, Version 20H2
by cristofe on Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:03 pm
I have three Firestudio 26x26's and a Firestudio Mobile all running happily on a Dell Latitude e6410 on Win10. Your problem may be your firewire chipset. Many laptop's with onboard firewire and a mini connector use either Ricoh or Via chipsets which don't always play nice with outboard gear. I initially had problems due to this. Fortunately, the Latitude e6410 has a PC express card slot so I was able to add a card with a TI chipset.....TI is the best for audio devices.

Presonus has compiled a list of compatible chipsets for use with their interfaces:

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/203654653/Approved_FireWire_Cards.pdf

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

2 posts
Page 1 of 1