8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Have a FSP that has never failed me once in 7 years starting to get crackling in my monitors tried update but it fails. Cannot install 1.7.6 update for FSP.. says error code 5 access denied help? maybe just the fire wire cable wearing out?
by matthewgorman on Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:17 pm
Hard to say. Its possible. Any more info you can provide? Is it happening just sitting? While recording? Did you try both jacks on the FSP? Is there another pc you could connect to to rule out the pc?

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by cristofe on Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:38 pm
Matt is right. It could well be the pc. Or the firewire cable. Are you using a machine with built in firewire? Or desktop with PCI card? Or a laptop with a pc express card? More info would be helpful.
Have you run an OHCI scan? If you're not familiar with this process you can find more info and download the OHCItool.exe here:

https://answers.presonus.com/208/how-do-i-create-an-ohci-report-report-for-tech-support

BTW......all firewire chipsets are not created equal. Presonus has provided a list of approved compatible chipsets:

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/203654653/Approved_FireWire_Cards.pdf

That being said we can help you better now and in the future with a bit more info......if you will post your system specs in your signature, (see my sig), we will be better able to troubleshoot your problems. Without knowing what type of pc you're running, what OS you're using, what DAW, make and model of your audio interface etc....we often can't recommend a "simple fix"

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by harley1305 on Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:34 pm
Thanks I ran a OHCI and system check.. Starting to think it is fire wire.. using head phones yesterday and they started crackling i immediately unplugged the firewire and re connected and it stopped .
by harley1305 on Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:48 pm
ran system check but forum wont let me upload nfo file here is report I am running windows 10 had a custom built computer just for studio one. it has ran flawlessly for a year.

Attachments
OHCI REPORT.png
by cristofe on Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:27 pm
According to OCHI it looks like your firewire card is not the problem.

Did this problem start right after a Win10 update? I've heard many users, (not just Presonus users), report firewire problems after recent Win10 updates. Personally, once I've built a DAW and have everything running the way I want I immediately take it off line and create a system disk image.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by matthewgorman on Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:53 pm
Not ready to rule out the FW card. Agere/Lucent cards have been quirky over the years. Industry standard is a card with Texas Instruments chip. On Win 10, make sure that the OS is updated to at least 1903 build. Win 10 did introduce some USB and Firewire glitches.

Regarding the cable, you are going from FW 400 (FSP) to FW 800 on the PC. In this environment, the cabling MUST be rated as bilingual to work reliably.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by harley1305 on Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:33 pm
so are you saying try a new cable.. the current one has worked flawlessly for a year. I will try what ever is recommended thanks

8 posts
Page 1 of 1