2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Ok, so, i've been trying to figure this out for a while and I must be a total numbnut.

I use logic pro-x. When I record bass, i use a very distorted tone, like Type O Negative distorted. And i've been using the same patch for a while and I want to fiddle around with the tone. For my tone, I use the line 6 bass pod, the old school one that looks just like the guitar pod 2.0 only it's black.

What I want to do, is record the bass signal completely dry into logic, loop the playback and have the dry signal play back through my pod, so I can hands free fiddle with the pod until i land on a tone I'm happy with.

I cannot for the life of me figure this out. Im either an idiot because i'm missing something rather simple, or an idiot because it's not possible and I should know that already.

Any help would be appreciated.
by klypeman on Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:56 am
Mind I have not used Logic in years. But I think I have a workaround if you don't mind that the terms are not totally Logic correct.
What I would do in your case is to create a third Output in Output on the DAW, record the dry tone with the output set to Main Out and then make a Bus set to use the third Output and with the finished recording(dry) switch the output to the Bus instead of Main Out.
On the back of your Project you have 8 Outputs connect the one you picked as 3 Output with input on the Bass Pod and the Output on the Bass Pod to a new Input (set up in Inputs) and fiddle away with settings.
There are other solutions but this is Logic and as i said haven't used the DAW in years.
Cheers :mrgreen:

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++

2 posts
Page 1 of 1