7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Is anyone aware of a problem using Universal Control and Studio One software that comes with the Presonus FireStudio Project into a Mac running Yosemite? I tried unsuccessfully to run Universal Control from the Applications file. It immediately opens an error message that says "Universal Control quit unexpectedly" Same story with Studio One.

MacBook Pro (mid-2012), 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB ram, OSX.10.1, Presonus Fire Studio Project, Cubase Elements 7.0.8
by cristofe on Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:17 am

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by vaikl on Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:06 pm
I had no issues with my FireStudio Project directly after installing Yosemite, all worked as always. But 2 days ago Cubase 7.5 liked to crash the FSP driver, flashing blue/red after reboot as the result. I had to un- and re-install driver and UC software to get my FSP back working. This never happened on Mavericks or before.
by markreed1 on Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:02 pm
cristofe wrotehttp://support.presonus.com/entries/57764960-Mac-OSX-10-10-Yosemite-Compatibility-Statement-as-of-Oct-20-2014-

Thanks. Also, I didn't think to download the latest software from Presonus and was thinking that the disks packaged with the Firestudio Project ought to connect to Apple's latest OS. So, I did install the latest downloads and now my computer at least opens them up (Universal Control and Studio One). But my Cubase Elements doesn't doesn't show any drivers for the FS Project. I don't know if they've been installed or not. I assume they would have been installed with one of the two downloads. But I've no idea. Any insights you have would be appreciated. I'm not the most computer literate person, but I've used Project before on an older laptop. I don't know why I can't now.

MacBook Pro (mid-2012), 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB ram, OSX.10.1, Presonus Fire Studio Project, Cubase Elements 7.0.8
by markreed1 on Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:09 pm
vaikl wroteI had no issues with my FireStudio Project directly after installing Yosemite, all worked as always. But 2 days ago Cubase 7.5 liked to crash the FSP driver, flashing blue/red after reboot as the result. I had to un- and re-install driver and UC software to get my FSP back working. This never happened on Mavericks or before.

Thanks. I did install the latest software and now my Mac does open the two apps (Universal Control and Studio One). But, unlike your experience, my Cubase (Elements) doesn't recognize the presence of FS Project. I don't know that the drivers were installed and, if so, how to access them. And now I find on the Cubase website that they don't recommend upgrading to Yosemite. Nice. Any ideas?

by vaikl on Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:52 pm
markreed1 wrote I don't know that the drivers were installed and, if so, how to access them. And now I find on the Cubase website that they don't recommend upgrading to Yosemite. Nice. Any ideas?

If you can open UniversalControl and the FSP is shown there as connected and the blue light is always on, the drivers are installed and working.

You could uninstall (with the downloaded uninstaller from Presonus) and re-install the drivers again to see if they appear in Elements, but if not then we'll have to wait for updates from Steinberg :cry:
I'm using a Mac 12 core tower and I'm having a difficult time getting the firestudio working, it's not showing up in my audio outs or in's I've downloaded the lastest driver from presonus but the light continues to flash from red to blue, I've connected it with a 800 to 400 FireWire cable I'm at a lost as to what to do!

7 posts
Page 1 of 1