8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Haven't had any issues until recently.
Tried recording and I noticed a ton of crackles and pops. Happens when I monitor too. I use my firestudio as my soundcard to and it plays music back just fine. It's only when it monitors and it gets worse as the input gets closer to clipping.

Windows 10, 16gb of ram. Tried different daws. Reinstalled drivers (uninstalled, restart, clean install). Same thing happens.

I think there was a recent update my PC went through which caused this? not sure.
I even went into my bios and disabled all my overclocking and set it to default.

Not sure what to try next. I don't think it is hardware or driver related more windows 10 related. Really annoyed. Ugh....

i7-7700k, Asus Z270-A, Windows 10 Pro, TI Chipset firewire controller, Firestudio Project w/ 6pin > 6pin cable ( Retired ), RME Babyface Pro, Studio One 3.5+, Softube Console 1, Faderport

Noise Implant - Auditory and Visual Stimulation
by jefffillion on Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:30 am
I had that same problem exactly last week me too and dont understand the problem.
Did you solve it because I try some few things without success .
Im on Mac OS sierra , Firestudio Project with the last driver from Universal Control
by matthewgorman on Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:56 pm
jefffillion wroteI had that same problem exactly last week me too and dont understand the problem.
Did you solve it because I try some few things without success .
Im on Mac OS sierra , Firestudio Project with the last driver from Universal Control

I would start a new thread for your issue since you are on a different OS than the OP.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by axxessdenied on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:59 am
Haven't had any luck fixing it.

I've tried everything I can including swapping cables.

My last resort will be buying a separate firewire board and seeing if my motherboard is the issue. If that doesn't solve it than this unit is basically useless now as I can't get a clean recorded signal at all.

It plays back audio just fine and I can still use it as a soundcard. Just not for recording which is a huge bummer. I actually had to go out and buy another interface JUST so I can record something.... ugh.

i7-7700k, Asus Z270-A, Windows 10 Pro, TI Chipset firewire controller, Firestudio Project w/ 6pin > 6pin cable ( Retired ), RME Babyface Pro, Studio One 3.5+, Softube Console 1, Faderport

by matthewgorman on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:05 am
axxessdenied wroteHaven't had any luck fixing it.

I've tried everything I can including swapping cables.

My last resort will be buying a separate firewire board and seeing if my motherboard is the issue. If that doesn't solve it than this unit is basically useless now as I can't get a clean recorded signal at all.

It plays back audio just fine and I can still use it as a soundcard. Just not for recording which is a huge bummer. I actually had to go out and buy another interface JUST so I can record something.... ugh.

I recommend opening a support ticket before you spend any more money. TS is better equipped to troubleshoot issues like this.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by matthewgorman on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:20 am
Seems there have been issues cropping up with native FW drivers in win 10. We had seen this before with Win 7 in the early days.

One thing you can try. Go into Win control panel device manager. Rt click on the FW device (1394 is how its listed I think). Go to the drivers tab, and select "Legacy" as the FW driver. Reboot, and retry everything. Hopefully that fixes your issue.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by klypeman on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:32 am
Have you replaced the fuse ? I had a similar problem way past and turned the fuse beside the power cord the other way around, that solved my problem without needing to buy a new fuse. :)
Another time I had to cut around 1 mm plastic off the Firewire cable to go into a 1394 Inspire to go a little futher in with the cable. I don't say that is needed but is an option to consider.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by axxessdenied on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:41 pm
I decided to upgrade my pc. We'll see how it goes. I got a brand new power supply as well just in case.

8 posts
Page 1 of 1